Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

about the pre-admission letter, i called Shanghai University and the information they give to me was that, if you are applying directly to the university of your choice, there's no need for pre-admission letter since they will have to evaluate your application in the end. However, pre-admission letter will be given to candidates who have applied through the chinese embassy in their respective countries and have received award certificates. 

I hope this clears the doubt on this pre-admission controversy

MBADominicanApplicant

Hi all! 

First of all good luck to all applicants. Thank you for all the useful information provided in this forum, it has helped me a lot throughout this process. I applied for an MBA at USTC in Hefei, Anhui province. Is anyone else applying for USTC?

I just received this email from the university.

Thank you for applying for 2015 USTC "Chinese Government Scholarship--University Program"! 
We're glad to inform you that you have passed the first step of reviewing process "file review", meaning that all the documents you uploaded are considered OK for next reviewing process. 
We also want to remind you that please keep all your information and documents complete in the application system and do not make any revise unless required so that we can process your application. Please log in the system and check your application, and if there's any information missing please complete it as soon as possible before March 25. Thank you.

Best Regards.

Office of International Cooperation

University of Science and Technology of China
96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, Anhui, 230026, P. R. China

@Killa14

I translated with Google and it says something about having to wait until you have an award letter of the Scholarship to apply to get pre admission.

That's the little I could understand.

@Rebeh26

It seems we bring the original physical (not a copy) with us to china so we can get our resident permit.

@Killa14

You can only get the pre-admission letter from Zhejiang university once you have award certificate from the Chinese scholarship committee.

What does 'The International Education School will review the applications' refer to? Will the officials evaluate my knowledge of research methodology and academic writing? Will they discuss even though my reading skills in TOEFL are HIGH, are enough HIGH? Will they evaluate my research proposal including methodology and references?  :wall I don`t know how to impress them. If they are not interested in the international politics or have no knowledge of this subject, they might discard my application despite I have a strong education background in the field I am applying for, I am good at academic writing and research methodology and I have published research paper in the field related to my major.   :wall  :wall  :wall  :wall  :wall  :wall  :wall

@Xiaowei M

I'm worried about the same things. I sent both a study plan and Research proposal. I hope they are interested in my field (oncology) I really want this chance. We need to keep ourselves positive and hope for the best. You have a great background as I read from previous posts so I think your chances are great.

@ajkhin Thanks. I found a future supervisor in the uni applied for. It was his comment on my research proposal and application documents:Dear Xiaowei,

Good day.
I have reviewed your study plan and other documents in your emails. I believe that you have chosen a good topic, and I am sure you have the ability to achieve great accomplishment in your study. Especially when you have already conducted many research efforts for your master thesis and published article in the relative field. 

But there is a long way between the international students office and the panel of experts. :wall  :wall  :wall As I understand first the officials review the documents and then submit to the panel of experts what they find good or whatever. How the official might be eligible to evaluate a master`s or PhD candidate? :wall  :wall A holder of bachelor`s degree will evaluate me (I have LL.M.)? Someone who maybe doesn`t have any knowledge of international politics will evaluate my research proposal and decide whether or not to let full professor of international politics or related field to evaluate my knowledge?

On the other hand one very nice official from Hunan Normal University told me:'Whether they can accept forgein students or not, it depends on whether there is a mentor who can teach you and help you to graduate. We will send your application documents to the college after you send us your application materials. The college will decide whether you will be accepted or not.'

• Like 1

@ajkhin I understand you. I also really want this chance. The professor is very interested in my research proposal and deeply impressed by my academic achievements. But if the key decision will be made by the officials in the International Education School, it means nothing. Maybe the panel of experts will never see my application documents. With the respect to all the people at the university, but I don`t believe that any official has any idea about the humanitarian intervention and what`s excellent research proposal from the professor`s point of view, may mean nothing from the official`s point of view. Maybe I`ll be lucky, maybe there is an official who has the degree in international law or international politics or international relations. :wall  I am meeting the requirements regarding English language proficiency, have HSK Level V and high GPA (4.0) and there is the professor who wants to supervise me. I am not afraid of the evaluation by the faculty of law of the university I applied for. I am afraid whether my application documents will be forwarded to the faculty of law by the International Education School at all. :wallThere is nothing about the criteria how the International Education School will select the candidates. :wall  

• Like 1

@Xiaowei, Are you worried the school wont accept you? it seems like they would first review everyone that applies, right?

don't worry so much! You got this! stay posi! 8) (positive)

@ inte Thanks. I am confused with the process. It is said in the most of the websites, the International Education School will review the applications and select qualified candidates and send the application to the faculties or the panel of experts. To which extent is the International Education School is allowed to make decisions?Their job should be to check whether the HSK and FPEF and so on are valid. The professors should evaluate the academic capacity and abilities. 

Yes, the International Education School will first review all the applications. I just would like to know what they will review.  :wall

Yes, I am worried what might happen before they send my application to be evaluated by the experts, to the faculty of law of the university. 

@Xiaowei

I wouldn't worry.

In most places, I imagine the initial review is in place to make sure you gave them all the required papers and meet the minimum requirements set by admissions. This way they don't overwhelm the faculties of different schools with a ton of possibly unfinished applications or ones that wouldn't even be taken into consideration in the first place.

It will get to where it needs to go, don't worry!

Hey everyone! 

In the Foreigner Physical Examination Form, in the part of Colour Sense, Skin, Lymph nodes, Ears, Nose, Tonsils, Heart, Lungs, Abdomen, Spine, Extremities and Nervous System what the doctor have to put? o.O He even doesn't know.

And also, the part that says ECC, what does it mean again?

And finally, the Laboratory exam will include all the complete blood count, that includes hemoglobin, lymphs, etc?