Chinese-Forums

How to find? "Vocabulary of HSK&Graded Categories of Chinese Characters (An Outline)"

eliliang

I think you are looking for the following two books:

Outline For Teaching Chinese As A Foreign Language: Grammar, Function, Scene, Test

http://shop.aaawww.net/mod8/detail.php?gid=315651&userid=7912&catid=493986

Outline For Teaching Chinese As A Foreign Language: Vocabulary

http://shop.aaawww.net/mod8/detail.php?gid=315652&userid=7912&catid=493986

I don't think any of the above books are what you are looking for. I'm not sure the following ones are either, but they look about right.

On my shelves I have

汉语水平词汇与汉字等级大纲, ISBN 7-5058-2530-5, 28Y from the 经济科学出版社

and

汉语水平等级标准与语法等级大纲,ISBN 7-04-005845-6, 19.80Y from the 高等教育出版社

The first is nothing special - it's just a big list of the HSK words, then a big list of the HSK characters, all by level. Pinyin and part of speech is given for the words, no extra info the the characters. There are plenty of HSK vocab books that will give you this.

The second one is a bit more interesting, as it's the only place I've ever seen a comprehesive list of grammatical structures arranged by level of difficulty.

Both have basic info on the HSK at the beginning, but it's nothing you can't get in numerous other places. Both books are entirely in Chinese and are more of value to teachers or textbook writers than students.

I had a quick look for online sellers but couldn't spot any - hopefully the Chinese names and ISBN numbers will help you track them down. I picked up my copies at the BLCU bookshop.

Roddy

汉语水平等级标准与语法等级大纲,ISBN 7-04-005845-6, 19.80Y from the 高等教育出版社

This is exactly the book I am looking for! I am using the ISBN to try to find it. Unfortunately, I can find it new (or used) anywhere, even though now you have given me the ISBN! Any suggestions for where I might look?

• 2 years later...

Well, although that particular book is not available, there are others. I think it is not available, because it was not intended for students' use, but for the use of Chinese academics preparing textbooks. The HSK Kaoqian Qianghua Yufa Gaoyi is by the BCLU and claims to be based on the the book with a list of grammar points that Roddy mentioned.