Chinese-Forums

Chinese Film Transcripts

45rob54

As my copies of House of Flying Daggers and Hero (the only two Mandarin films I've got) frustratingly don't have chinese subtitles, I've spent hours searching the Internet for transcripts of these films... which obviously I haven't found. :x Closest I got was a transcript for the 1st scene of Crouching Tiger (which I don't have but might buy because of this). Anyone know where I could get transcripts for Chinese films, preferable in Simplified, but really I'd be grateful for anything, Pinyin or Traditional.

谢谢你

Zhwj, could you explain in details how this is done - generating subtitles? I've got both movies on VCD.

What file format do you need to be able to do that? And what P2P program?

My Chinese is not so good but are there separate files for subtitles on those links?

To download and open you just need emule installed?

I am technical but have never done those things, please explain.

What I'd really like to get is a transcript of an English movie or TV show along with its Chinese translation.

I was thinking for example you had a Friends episode and then had the chinese equivalent of each line under the English original that would be sweet.

I find I get stuck all the time now when speaking Chinese just because I don't know how to say basic shit. (Ex. until yesterday I didn't know how to say "make a list of things I want to do tomorrow").

Oh Monica that was the best Thanksgiving dinner ever! I think you killed us.

莫妮卡,这是我过过的最好的感恩节

你就要把我们撑死了

I couldn't possibly eat another bite.

我一口也吃不下了

I need something sweet.

我还得来块甜点

Does anyone wanna watch TV?

你们想看电视吗?

Yeah, sure.

好啊

Monica your remote doesn't work.

莫妮卡你的遥控器坏了

Phoebe, you have to lift it and point.

菲比,你得把它拿起来按

Oh. Aw, forget it.

哦,那就算了

Yeah, you know what we should all do? We should play that game where everyone says one thing that they're thankful for.

我知道该做什么了

大家来讲自己最感激的事吧

Ooh-ooh, I! I am thankful for this beautiful fall we've been having.

我!

我感谢我们度过的这个美丽的秋天

That's very nice. / That's sweet, Joey.

很不错

很甜蜜,乔伊

Yeah, the other day I was at the bus-stop and this lovely fall breeze came in out of nowhere and blew this chick's skirt right up.

因为那天我在车站,可爱的秋风

忽然掀起了一个美女的裙子

Oh! Which reminds me, I'm also thankful for thongs.

哦还有,我还很感激她的皮带

Is this what you mean? I've got a few episodes like this (found the Chinese subtitles and then combinined them with the English ones), if you want. Or you can go to http://www.friends6.com/sub.htm and find specific episodes yourself.

What I've really been looking for, though, is a dubbed version - still no luck :(.

To mpallard:

In Melbourne Chinatown there's a shop where they rent out VCD movies with both Chinese (traditional) and English subtitles. I think the English subtitles are abbreviated, they are often shorter than the Chinese ones. Check your Chinese video shops/libraries.

They also have 2 recordings, e.g. left speaker for Mandarin and right for Cantonese, you have to adjust the audio, so you could listen to just one.

To binbin:

What other movie transcripts do you have? I am also looking for the script to "The Emperor and the Assasin".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hello :)

i would also like a transcript of hero to read in chinese (preferably simplified characters) since it would help my studies a great deal. however when i try to read the text file roddy posted above (hero.txt) i cannot see chinese, just random characters, like:

Hero

ÎÒ£¬×ÔÓ×±ãΪ¹Â¶ù

ҲûÓÐÃû×Ö£¬È˳ơ°ÎÞÃû¡±

ÈËÈôÎÞÃû£¬±ã¿ÉךÐÄÁ·œ£

can anyone help me with this? i am running suse linux 10. i can see all chinese characters on the web in my browser firefox. i also have 'scim' installed and can input characters using 'smart pinyin'. however, i can't seem to see chinese characters in a text file or an .srt file.

please, can anybody help ?

dan :)

Just got emailed the attached attachment, which is apparently a transcript of the promise (haven't read it myself). Sent to my by someone named Glen. All members should be able to attach files themselves though, usually no need to email it to me unless it's very large or a strange file type.

Roddy

thepromise.zip

Oh. Last time I tried to attach something it wouldn't let me.

Anyways just to clarify:

I formatted it the same way as the others - text file w/ simplified chinese, time codes removed (it came from a sub) so its easier to read. It's in a zip file because Yahoo was giving me problems attaching it as a txt.