Chinese-Forums

How to open a bank account in China?

LiYuanXi

I am really desperate. I really love the stuff at taobao.com. They are so cheap and good and i need them. However, they wouldn't reply my emails of how a foreigner can pay for the items.

I think eventually they will tell me they don't accept global Visa or Mastercard. So i was thinking maybe i can open a bank account in agricultural bank of china or whatever bank. Do you think that is possible? In singapore, i can only open an account in Bank of China. I don't think taobao.com accept that.

Does anyone know how i can pay at taobao.com????

I am really desperate. I thank you for your great kindness if you can help me.

:help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help

Taobao works hand in hand with Alipay (they're both part of the Alibaba group), and Alipay has a Visa symbol on the home page - don't know if they can accept international ones though, but might be worth a try.

Edit: Taobao is like Ebay, in that you are dealing with individual sellers, not the company itself. There's no reason why you couldn't contact them and see if they have any suggestions - Paypal might be an option, now that Paypal China is up and running.

I tried the visa in Alipay but it gave me some error in the 3d-secure code. i don't know what is that. I can apply for paypal china even if i am not from china?

I wish i am living in china, then i won't have this kind of problems.

• 1 month later...