Chinese-Forums

Help with translation "双赢"

Marco77

hey guys - I'm stuck with the following senteces:

话剧进商场, 能否实现 双赢?

Im confused with the 双赢 bit - does that mean a win win situation, where both parties wil be benefited?

and also:

上海的中信奉富、金茂大厦等百领聚集的高级写字楼及一些销品茂

the text Im working with is about the popularisation of theatre.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Marco

Didn't see your second one, but a bit of head-scratching and googling later . . .

'High-class office buildings with high concentrations of white collar workers and a few . . . 销品茂 . .. what's a xiaopinmou. . . shaopinmou . . . shaopingmou . . .shaopingmoul . . . shopingmoul . . . shopingmoll . . . got it yet?

English 1, Chinese 0. That's got to be one of the uglier and less necessary intrusions (assuming I'm right)

Roddy

EDIT:

I'm right

“销品茂”(ShoppingMall,即大型购物中心

Edit again - was that actually your question for the second one? I leapt to the assumption that you would find the same bit difficult that I did

well, comfussed me too. 销品茂...... think so it's SHOPPINGMALL. But how can it expressed like 销品茂, even would messed up Chinese....it's not a standrad expression, maybe the writer wanted to express more like a western style...

Hello everyone! Happy Easter too!

I've found the article marco77 is enquiring about; I'd be very grateful if anyone helped me out with it... the following sentence makes a not-so-good sense to me:

上海的中信泰富、金茂大厦等白领聚集的高级写字楼及一些“销品茂”,如今越来越多地与“话剧演出”联系在一起,人们不需要正襟危坐进剧场,轻轻松松就能在身边观看到平日里多少显得有些“高不可攀”的话剧。

heres my version: Shanghai's Citic Pacific, Jin Mao Tower and other white-collar office buildings as well as some shopping malls nowadays have been linked up together with more and more "modern drama performances", where people do not need to sit directly in the theater, but can relax and watch on the normal day as many performances that it appears some is “unattainable" modern drama. ???? :shock:

where people do not need to sit directly in the theater, but can relax and watch on the normal day as many performances that it appears some is “unattainable" modern drama. ????

Nowadays...... people do not need to [dress up and sit straight respectfully] inside theaters, [在身边 next to them] they can easily see the modern dramas that [in normal daily life] used to seem more or less [high class and unapproachable].

Thank you Quest; I think i know where i get it wrong.

using this occasion, it would be of great help if you (and other helpful people) helped me out to put the following sentences into normal english. :help

但也有一些业内人士对这种现象表示了忧虑,他们认为,话剧不等同于街头演出,在话剧艺术中,剧场、舞台是不可缺少的要素,舞台能使观众产生一种类似宗教的庄严感。当剧场灯光渐暗,大幕徐徐拉开,舞台灯光亮起,观众会觉得自己置身艺术殿堂,面对一座艺术神龛。

I understand (i hope) the general meaning that some people prefer traditional theater where all the good things happen with curtains and the lights, but because i'm not a native english speaker, i cannot put it all into a flowing english. keetaec. :shock:

吾雖能鮮,但...糟了,撰寫國文的靈感又走了,還是將此片段翻譯成英文好了.

But some people within the industry are expressing their concern about this phenomenon, they believe you can't equate true theater with streetside performances. Drama as an art necessitates the presence of both a theater and a stage, a stage is what imparts the quasi-religious solemnity of the theatrical experience to the audience. When the theater lights are gradually dimmed, the stage curtain is slowly opened, the stage lights brighten, the audience will feel as if they are seated within a temple devoted to art, facing the stage becomes an act of venerating a holy relic.