Chinese-Forums

央视: 天龙八部

Quest

Did anyone watch this remake of 天龙八部? It's one of the more tragic renditions of the wuxia novel. The ending is very very sad.

It also shows that HongKong is losing its place as the leader of quality Chinese TV drama. Even the most recent Hongkong wuxia 大制作《寻秦记》对比起来也变成小毛了。Pretty actors/actresses, beautiful costumes, backgrounds, fight scenes, skillful camera shooting, poetic sceneary shooting, adequate and un-excessive special effects, authentic scenes, the list goes on and on. A wake-up call to Hongkong's tv drama industry. Perhaps it's too late a call already.

Highly recommend it.

U111P28T3D263539F326DT20031226133744.jpg

U111P28T3D263586F326DT20031226141031.jpg

U111P28T3D263595F326DT20031226141800.jpg

3_28-3-328-58_20021210125827.jpg

3_28-3-326-58_20021209135310.JPG

3_28-3-326-58_20021129205422.jpg

3_28-3-326-58_2002112911750.jpg

3_28-3-326-58_20021101142710.JPG

3_28-3-326-58_20020927102239.jpg

Who are the actors/actresses? Are they pretty? Is the drama faithful to the book? If it is very good, perhaps I should rent its DVD (though I am now very busy studying Lord of the Rings and have had 走向共和 lying on my desk for months already).

"备受关注的内地版《天龙八部》云集两岸三地明星,胡军(饰萧峰)、林志颖(饰段誉)、刘亦菲(饰王语嫣)、刘涛(饰阿朱)、高虎(饰虚竹)担纲主演,钟丽缇(饰马夫人)、汤镇宗(饰段正淳)、申军谊(饰丁春秋)等当红影星加盟演出。本剧拍摄历时一年零七个月,全长四十集,实景拍摄,力图再现金庸武侠巨制。"

-- 新浪娱乐讯

It follows mostly from the book. The order of events was re-arranged a bit. It's definitely worth a watch. I tried not to post images of the main actors/actresses, because images never could capture the charm of the characters.

I've seen all three myself, too. 黃日华的萧峰 was indeed very impressive. However, I think the new cast this time isn't bad at all. Characters aside, there are many other things this version is better than the 1997 version. 不要太鸡蛋里挑骨头吧。

"黃日华的萧峰"?? I must have missed something. Wasn't that role played by 梁家仁? And the title song of that series was "萬水千山縱橫"? Or was there another version after the 梁家仁 version?

BTW, I used to admire 蕭峰 and 苗人鳳 most. Thought they were the greatest heros. But I have not touched these stories a long time and am not sure if I think the same now. 倪匡 ranked "天龍八部" as the second greatest novel of 查大俠 (he ranked "鹿鼎記" first). I have only read the latter once and was not very impressed. But "天龍八部" is a great novel. Great structure, with three main heros of equal weight and one after another entwining stories.

There's a 1998 version by 黃日华(萧峰), 陈浩民(段誉),李若彤(王语嫣) etc. 主题曲:难念的经 by 周华健。remember? 黄日华在80年代扮过虚竹。

Quote from netease: "1998《天龙八部》是这些年难得一见的金剧改编佳作,但明显的缺点还是场面太小,小到可怜,堂堂金庸笔下最气势恢宏的一部巨著,改编成电视上就很小家子气了。难怪金庸自己说,他的作品要给中央电视台改,确实从场面来说,港台都不会发展到用直升机去航拍一部戏,如《三国》火烧赤壁之类的架式。"

Watch this 2003 remake and you will see the difference. 央视的天龙八部2003场面很大,很有气势。

joking...不是我挑骨头!场面大是因为现在拍片技术好了,钱又多了,那不能说明什么的!刘亦菲演王语嫣太嫩,演不出味来,其他人掌握的节奏又不对,该快的时候不快,该慢的时候不慢!这就是区别

I haven't watched CCTV's Tian Long Ba Bu yet. But I have watched other martial art drama by Jin Yong produced by CCTV.

Undeniably the scenery, the martial art choreograpy, the filming,.....etc. have greatly improved over the years.

But according to Jin Yong himself, so far only some HK actors/actresses could perform up to what he described in the novels.

When I watched Zhou Xun try to perform as the "cute" Huang Yung, I got goose bump.

• 1 month later...

好不容易終於看完了!!!

It is not bad at all. Overall I would say it is a good adaptation of the original, cutting out non-essential details and adhering to the main plot of the novel, as far as I can recall. The later episodes are better than the earlier ones because the plot gets more and more complicated but clearer and clearer as well. I kept being amazed by how late some of the main characters appeared in the story and how one story led to another, and could not help but appreciate the structure of the original story. It covers so many countries/dynasties - 大理, 西夏, 吐蕃, 宋, 遼, 女真 (which is not yet 金).

Part of the cast is quite good, especially 虛竹 (傻傻的小和尚) and 王語嫣 (大木美人). 鳩魔智 is also great (is the actor mongolian?). But the 蕭峰 played by 胡軍 is really ... (BTW could anyone tell me why he commits suicide? bloody DVD jumped at the critical moments. I only got to see how 游坦之 and 阿紫 die.)

Many scenes are very long, spanning throung two or even three episodes, yet they do not fail to grab the audience's attention. The one at 聚賢莊 is just average, but the one at 少林寺 when 慕容博 appears and the one when 段正淳 and all his women get killed (the second picture above) are great. (I think 段正淳 is a very interesting character.)

But still I think I like 射鵰英雄傳 better. Perhaps I just like how 梅超風 dances and the helmuts of the Jin soldiers.

PS - what is the song that appear in episode 15 when 蕭峰 and 阿朱 are together dreaming about their future?

And the 段譽 character is indeed very cute. Here's what HK writer 吳靄儀 writes about him -

段誉是个值得羡慕的人,不因为他贵为王子,而是因为他乐观豁达,恒常以欣悦而仁爱之心看世界万物。他对周遭环境的人物,永远是抱着善意的好奇,对自己完全不自觉,不但对自己的性命不过分在意,对自己的所谓风度形象也毫不在意。...

段誉比宝玉更可爱,因为他有幽默感,他对人有礼,但却十分能够嘲笑自己。他的天地,充满可爱的事物,一本《天龙八部》,就数他笑得最多。一开头,就是他被无量派门人比武的滑稽样子惹笑而闹出事来。...

但是,他自幼所受的宗教熏陶,在他个性中起了两个主要作用,一是增强他慈悲仁爱之心,舍己为人的精神,其次是加强了他对世俗价值的不在乎。大理皇帝有避位出家的传统,皇位于大理段氏,如富贵于其他人一样,只是浮着,保定帝跟段誉说,我早已落发出家,不过国不可一日无君,所以暂时仍做皇帝。段誉继承帝位之后,与乔峰重逢,乔峰惊于他亲身犯险,段誉“嘻嘻一笑”(又笑)道:“小弟糊里糊涂,望之不似人君,哪里有半点皇帝的味道?”他根本不把自己的帝位看得认真,避位不避位,分别不是那么大。然而,结义之情,他是看得认真无比的,他的世界太多爱了,跟宝玉撇下的那个在礼数周周之下冷酷无情的家族,完全不能相比。

Is it 片尾曲王菲的《宽恕》?

MTV

(recommended) -> http://www.momokotao.com/tlbb.rm

http://vod.cnave.com/vod/t/tlbb/tlbb2.wmv

or 谢雨欣《仰望》(17集阿朱死的时候的插曲)

Slow but larger file size

http://mail.ustc.edu.cn/~quwen/yw.mp3

Fast but half the file size/low quality

http://www.yinducotton.com/music/yangwang.mp3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have any more songs from the series? Or where I can find more music? Would there be a soundtrack release of this eventually?

I'm actually watching it rite now, yeah...would really like to know the soundtrack of it too...especially those by Faye wong? <--if not mistaken :P