Chinese-Forums

we are trying to make some recorded lesson , give us some suggestions!

haiying07

we are trying to do some recorded lesson and put it online, and i need some suggestions about the content.

tell me something you want to learn , or something you want to know . or what level lesson you are.

and you also can leave your email address here , when i finish the recording , i will send you the lesson .

i am a chinese teacher.

hehe .

my email is : haiying83@gmail.com

The one thing I hate most about recorded Chinese lessons is that the speakers speak way too standard. I've never heard anyone in China speak nearly as standard or slowly as the people in the tapes. By all means get somebody who speaks very quick and non-standard Mandarin (you could make seperate editions for different regions!) and then have a detailed transcript of what he/she is saying. I would lay down $$$ for material like this.

No need to cut it short.

It sounds promising, especially if you do a transcript to go with it.

You might want to check microphone placement and do a little audio editing as a last step to normalize the volume fluctuations a bit.

Pretty good.

You might want to check microphone placement and do a little audio editing as a last step to normalize the volume fluctuations a bit.

Also if you can get some windscreens to help with the "popping" in the harder s and f sounds. And then the little audio editing is compressing that NEEDS to be done. This will take out all the little variances in their voice volumes due to movement or head turning etc. but please find someone that really knows how to do this function as it works well if done right but if not it will mess the whole thing up. Other than that great start! Look out Chinesepod.

thank you very much . i will try my best to do it better.

You are doing great and i don't know if this is your first time doing this or not but if it is or if you haven't done it as a profession...then you are doing really good!