Chinese-Forums

Chinese Business license - is it real, how to verify and avoid scams

bredondale

Doing business in China isn't too different to doing business in any country. There are scammers, dodgy businesses, and legit outfits with confusing accounting setups everywhere.

I think it can be hard to answer "is this legit" without the risk of being sued unless the answer is kept very generic. At which point it might not be helpful ;)

Hello everybody; we need to know if we could obtain a legalized copy of the enterprise´business license of the Chinese company:3300712587233 SHAOXING COUNTY YUEDU TRADE CO.,LTD.

Is there a webpage where we could find a copy of his Business license? Also to know if it is fake or not, and not to waste our time

txs!

need some help with this one

Company Name:Tocis Trade Co., Ltd

Street Address: 16D/2-1,tianxshsn Building of Office Building, No.88 qinyuzhen Village, lianhua Street,tianan District

CEO: Hongqi Fang

Province/State: Fujian

Country/Region: China

Zip: 351100

Telephone:86-591-2793329

Fax: 86--05912751962

business license

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7745/bl01.png

Thanks for the quick reply how can i tell if a website is fake should i call them up and ask them detail questions or is the best way asking for thier business license and checking it over the best way to tell if they are legit or a scam like this company below

http://competitiveprice.en.ecplaza.net/

im pretty much 99.9% sure its a scam just becuz they have so much stuff which is throwing up red flags just shows you how much big business there is in scamming seeing as they paid for gold membership from alibaba like 20 stacks ?

Calling them up is no good because if they are scammers they will lie to you just as easily on the phone as they will on email.

If you can read Chinese, then the various Chinese provincial administrations for industry and commerce have websites that allow you to verify the business registration details of a given company i.e. you put in the business registration number (as listed on the certificate) and it tells you the company name, registered address, legal representative and all sorts of other information that the company was required to register when they obtained their business license (all this information is also printed on the certificate).

Then it's just a matter of comparing those details with the details on the certificate (if they match then the certificate is almost certain to be real) and then comparing them with the details of the company you think you're dealing with. If everything matches then that's a good first step. If there are discrepancies then it's a likely indicator of a scam.

With the license you posted, the information on the image you provided matched the information available from the Shenzhen Administration for Industry and Commerce, meaning that the image is almost certain to be an image of a real business license. However the name of the company on the license is completely different (and even in a entirely different province) from the one you mentioned you were dealing with, which should set alarm bells ringing.

Seeing as you are posting here, it likely means you can't read Chinese and so doing this sort of verification is not such a viable option. In which case have a long read of this article, which provides an excellent overview of this type of Internet scam and the things you should look out for.

Hi,

I was hoping someone could verify whether or not this license is in fact for Yishun industries. Thank you so much for your time and assistance. I am also looking for individuals who live in this district and willing to stop by and check out factories, If this is the wrong place to ask for that, please direct me in the right direction. Thank you so much.

-Otto.comp

2556_thumb.attach

Can you please verify these two business licenses

(Business licence No: 4403061209275)

Company: Yuancheng Technology International Trade co.,Ltd

Address: No.98, Hua Qiang Road, Futian District,Shenzhen City, Guang dong Province, China

Zip/Postal: 518000

Phone:86-755-55105645

Fax:86-755-55105642

(Business licence: 4403011245717)

Company: Xinyuan Techonology Trade co.,Ltd

MSN/email: zguoxinyuan@hotmail.com

Address: Huaqiang Road No.396,,Shenzhen, Guangdong China

TEL:86+15160226829

Zip/Postal: 518000

Phone:86-130-15989069

Fax:86-130-15989069

Thankyou.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, im in Canada and desperately trying to find a real reliable and legal supplier for electronics, I received this business registration number: Business licence: 4403011245717 can someone tell me if they have any info on this if its real, fake or stolen

'Thank you very much

Hello,

Can anybody verify this company:

Hongkong E-Bour Technology Co,

http://hkebour.en.alibaba.com

Hongkong office:

Ms. Jiang-nan Yuan

Flat/Rm 1701, 17/F, Henan Building, 90 Jaffe Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong

Shenzhen office:

Mr. Shiqiang Wei

Room 203, 7th building, Longhua, Bao'an Districkt, Shenzhen, Guangdong province, China

Tel: 0086-755-28192847

Mobile: 0086-13528796992

Company registration number:

50081084-000-12-08-A

Is it legit or fraud?

• 2 weeks later...