Chinese-Forums

New Forums Server

roddy

Finally seeing the new details propagate, so things should get back to normal over the next 24 to 72 hours. If you're here on the IP address, try the domain now and then to see if it works.

Now that's done, let me also welcome Chrix to the moderation team - having distinguished himself with sterling work in getting the Classical Chinese forum kick-started and sending in lots of post reports on things needing done, he's earned it. If only so he can do those things himself now - you may well have already noticed a few post moves and mergers. Be nice to him, folks :)

I suspect we'll have a brief period where email functions - new reply notifications mainly - may not work. The reason I'm not going to be around to fix it if this does happen in the next few hours is that I'm going out for a BEER! :clap

Good weekends, folks.

Working properly on this cafe wireless connection here, although it wasn't 30 minutes ago on 3G. Getting there anyway, certainly should be all done by the start of next week, bar perhaps a couple of particularly laggard ISPs here and there.

now that the new domain is working for me, the font size went back to how it was before the change.

I'll wager you somehow had the a font setting stored for the domain on your browser. I'd certainly never play mind games with you.

But how about the other two questions - Who says this is gonna be democracy (or whatever it is)? And which female is/are willing to do the work?

So what is it then? Anarchy? Oligarchy? I don't know anything about political science. As for me, I'm very busy tending to my very own little 中文 corner of this world.

Beijing Mobile seem to have updated, still waiting on China Telecom for my 3G modem - which irritatingly doesn't seem to pay attention when you tell it what DNS to use - in fact it seems to actively reset them.

Seems like about 2/3rd of people are finding their way to the new server, the rest are still getting sent to the old one.