Chinese-Forums

Chinese Supermemo Databases

Konglong

Assuming that Supermemo databases can be exported in a standard format, could someone post an example of a (short) one. I'd like to get the HSK vocab database outputing in formats that can easily be imported into programs like Supermemo and Plecodict.

Roddy

Supermemo has made some admirable strides in this direction. They have wisely decided to use XML to import/export data.

They have come up with initial specs that are currently already very usable.

I previously had a hell of a time with the PocketPC version of supermemo, it didn't

work as well as the Palm version with the import/export. Import/export of QA lists causes

unicode characters to disappear. But with the new XML import, I can use

numerical reference codes (ie xxxx ) to specify the Chinese chars (Unicode or UTF8 chars still doesn't work) Another bonus is that it renders basic HTML mostly quite well, so

I can jazz up my text with colors, line breaks and etc.

I hacked together some scripts to create XML from the lists that I copied from a webpage that someone previously provided in this forum.

Here's what a typical entry looks like (you can't see the ref codes, the characters automatically get rendered ). You will notice that the pinyin "an1 jing4" is also using accented characters (also from numerical char refs):

Item安静ān jìng
quiet; peaceful; calm