Chinese-Forums

Max: questions about BLCU application

puja

"Hey Puja, it seems like your the guy with all the answers....

I havent seen too many posts regarding the application process.

but i have some confusion.

I am supossed to T/T transfer the 75 bucks to the school and then AFTER THAT

send themmy application?

do you think you could explain to me in more of a "step by step" process on how to apply??

and also, is getting in pretty much guaranteed?

what can you tell me about course specific information??? woud love to know!

thanks!

max"

Application is pretty simple - 2 steps as I remember - you just send them the (filled out) application form together with the documents they want from you (for me it was only my last academic diploma). Then you can transfer the money to their account.

And yes, as far as I know getting in is pretty much guaranteed. They want our money :wink:

What specific course info do you want? A little basic stuff:

Courses vary a lot between short and longterm students sometimes, although all (excluding intensive) are 4 hours a day, usually from 8 or 8:30 am (depending on program) to 12 or 12:30 - 5 days a week. there are short breaks in between each hour and a 20 min one between 1,2 and 3,4. usually you have 2 hours of one kind of class (i.e. grammar, listening, writing,..)

gtg, best reagrds,

Puja

aka "The guy with all the answers..." :mrgreen:

I can supplement puja's reply :)

If memory serves me correctly, the reason the application is sent AFTER the fee is because you need to include a copy of the money transfer receipt. Therefore, in step-by-step terms:

1) READ APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS and download/ fill out application forms. All available here (http://www.blcu.edu.cn/lzb/lx/english/index.htm).

2) Get photocopies of required supporting documentation. These are listed on the form and varies depending on the program you are applying to. I believe non-degree students ie. short term and one year program students, need a photocopy of your university diploma, passport, and official ID of your emergency contact.

3) Go to bank, set up money transfer. Just bring the page of the application form that lists the accounts details etc and show it to the bank staff - they will know what to do. Get receipt for transfer - you need at least one to send to BLCU. I would get a second copy for your own records.

4) Go to post office, stick everything (application, document photocopies, money transfer receipt) in an envelope, and mail the lot!

Hope this helps and good luck!

Cat

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I was wondering...

I am gooing to moscow directly after beijing tos tudy there for a semester. SO i get to enjoy the WONDERFUL joys of getting my russian visa in china!

ugg... its not going to be easy..

The school i am attending is going to send my letter of invitation to china so i can take it to the russian embassy.

What do you guys know about the mail service?

They said they will express mail it.. i was just wondering how i can find out WHERE to tell the school to send it to...

do any of you guys have experience with receiving mail????

i owuld love to know!

thanks~!

--max

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

hi guys.Hope sb answers me since this thread is old.I have a few question myself.

1st they told me to send the documents by email.Is this right?

2nd.Since they test your level when you go there it doesn't matter which level i fill in my application.Because i m not sure if should i fill 800 or 1500 words.??

Thnx

Anna

• 1 year later...

Anna, Idk if this answer is of relevance now or not, but still.

Yes, you have to email them the copies of your documents. Also, if they are not in Chinese or English, you have to get them translated to either and get them attested/notarized.

Once you reach there, they will take a placement test. So it's of no matter to which you level you apply.