Chinese-Forums

Chinese Language Podcasts

roddy

All the other podcasting topics we seem to have are about podcasts for learners. However, a post on China Web2.0 Review pointed me towards the Chinese Podcast Awards 2005 Results, which I thought might be worth a look for anyone looking for something fully authentic. You can also see all the nominations here, including Englishpod.com which is produced by the now-fairly-familiar Chinesepod people.

Listening to a couple of podcasts found via the above. This one (look for the 下载 link, needs a quick registration) is a mile-a-minute monologue on 包机 to / from Taiwan and airline service standards - 6 minutes long, but fits a lot of language in and there were points I was pretty much lost.

盒子 is a pretty standard spooky story, 20 minutes long (although I'm still 3 minutes from the end, maybe it won't be standard) and at a much much more managable pace . . .

I was reading your posts here and realized that podcasting is another great resource for learning Chinese.So I want to recommend another podcast I found on iTunes. I think it's really good, because it's plain( without all that commercial radio style), voice is very clear and the informatioon provided is really valuable.

Here is the link: http://blog.melnyks.com. It's the podcaster's Website, but you can find a link to a podcast feed.

Cheers,

Josh

I listened to a few segments of the Princess Remy podcast. One of them was a reader survey. She said that many of her listeners were Japanese people learning Chinese. It seemed pretty suited for that because the segments are short and clearly spoken.

Anyone listen to any professionally produced podcasts? I saw there were a lot of them from Hong Kong, but I thought they were probably in Cantonese.