Chinese-Forums

2nd March, Westgate BLCU, Beijing

soulcreeper

Because a number of people are going to attend classes at BLCU in Beijing this march it was a great idea to arrange a meeting before the school starts or just when it has started.

Therefore i would like to arrange a meeting at the BLCU South Gate (At the side of Wudaokou subway station) to meet the people and go to have a drink at the campus.

I think the best time to meet will be the afternoon and then go to the campus and have a drink. After that we can still hang out somewhere else, but the main idea is just to have a drink and some nice talks.

If anyone has an idea about what time exactly to meet then please share it :D (since i don't know if there already been classes that day, and if so, what time they will end)

Date: 03-03-2007

Time: 01:30pm

How about saying 1:30PM. I'm at BLCU for the 4 week class starting Mar.1 - 28. I arrive in Beijing on Feb. 21 and plan on sightseeing and figuring out the transportation system. I'm homestaying with a Chinese family living near the Campus from Feb. 21 to April 1, but my hotel, from Feb. 21-25, will be near the Forbidden Palace. I thought there would be a lot of people wanting to get- together, many on-line said so, but doesn't seem to be much interest now.

ok, just for the cause of ti i've placed an overview of all the details in the first post in a row. like time, date, location and stuff.

hope many of you will come ...

PS: or does anyone know what side the gate at the Wudaokou street is? cuz i said west gate, but i'm not sure if that is the west gate. anyway i meaned the gate at which the book store os located on.

If you are going somewhere on campus anyway, you might as well meet at a cafe there - will save you waiting at the west gate or having to go back out to find people who didn't get there on time. Or you're only a 10 minute walk from the cafes at Wudaokou - Sculpting in Time, Lush, Cava, etc.

However i haven't been to BLCU for ages, not sure what the best place is. Is Sammie's even still there?

i didnt see sammy's while i was roaming around today with a friend but then again we were trying to walk to zhongcuancun i believe the name is...we actually ended up somewhere west of 4th ring road as it starts heading down south...so long walk

the gate where the bookstore is i think might be the south gate. im too lazy to check the map ive been using the west gate and the back alley lately to connect from xijiao biguan to the campus i didnt seem to see any bookstore but then again msot of the time im in a blur so dont mark my words for it.

i did however notice we have some fine italianas on campus, so imprimed and ready except for the whole im f'in broke like no other.

lush is still there and wed night they have the quiz bowl, never tried it but heard from the expats about it.

i dont want to corrupt anyone here from studying, so take this notice right now. wed nights is all you can drink @ Propoganda's. i believe 30 kuai fr the ladies and 50 kuai for the gents. happy hunting ladies, gents

Zub is another place to go to and check out although I have not been there yet, i guess u have to dress a bit mroe classy as in collar shirt from what i read. so get spray on your "bitch come runnin up cologne" or ladies put on your best seductive looks so you can toil with men's hearts and other brain only to shoot us down the last minute.

i cant read the sign but there is also a shop in the wudaoku district across from those places where they serve food, i strongly suggest u know some basic chinese to order though jsut enough for them to udnerstand what it is you want to eat from the menu and what u want to drink. for 12 kuai it fills my stomach up like no other. i usually get the gong bao ji ding=kong pao chicken, comes with like a brined cabbage of some sort on the side. and glass of coke for 12 kuai. prices vary but ive never seen anything go above 17 kuai @ the place

So let's all meet up I hope I can met up with you guys, if not please accept my apologies in advance.

Jay

my msn name if anyone is interested is jelmer@okstate.edu

I'd love to come too but I have class at Beida until 2:30pm. Is dinner out of the question? That way we could seque into a night out (i'd love to start drinking at 1:30 but then I probably wouldn't make it to dinner!). Regardless of when folks want to meet (i can skip class), I think meeting at a cafe might be easiest so we're not waiting outside and stragglers won't be left behind (for those hao xuesheng who aren't willing to skip class:). Lush? It's close to Wu subway stop and most people know where it is. Somewhere in BLCU is fine too, I'd just rather wait comfortably inside with a drink in my hand than accumulate dust particles in my lungs on the street.

The exit next to the campus bookstore is the south gate (Chengfu Lu.) From there, it's a straight shot to Wudaokou. In the afternoon, I'd suggest meeting at Lush. You can throw together tables for any size group, get a drink and eat. It's at the first intersection past the subway station (above ground at this stop.) On southwest corner, enter the O2 bookstore and go upstairs to enter Lush. If I'm free, I'll try to stop by. I've only been here 6 months, but I may have a few answers.

BTW- You might want to make the time 2:30 or 3:00. That will allow the lunch crowd to clear out and give you some room.

aye to that. but then again that's why i wanna meet at the southgate of BLCU. so we cdan't miss each other and it's more clear where standing there for a meetup. this way we can walk to the Wu anyway and go to the Lush or SIT. Though SIT would be better since there's more room there for a lot of people. i think if there are a lot of people for the meetup Lush will be full at once :P

:mrgreen: I'll be there. Thanks for setting this all up. Is the time 1:30? at the South Gate, near the Bookstore? I'm easy to recognize - I'll be then old guy. :-) I took the subway to the campus and walked around the other day. I check out of the hotel today and am being picked up and taken to my Homestay family at 10:00am. Beijing is awesome and B-I-G. By the way - my name is Don. Looking forward to meeting all of you. C ya. :mrgreen:

from today i registered at BLCU. i also got a program that says there will be a kungfu show for free where the students can go to for free. now is the problem that this meeting for this show is at the east gate at 13:00u.

I don't know how many of you people will also go to that show but we can also make this meeting into the kungfu show meeting. or if not everyone wants to go to this kungfu show but still wanna meet the people from C-F.com then we can move this meeting to saturday 3rd.

just let me know what you all think about this.

Hmmm... kung fu show, sounds interesting

Maybe if we could do some small arrangements to the plan? I wouldn't like to miss either...

(BTW, is there anyone else living at the International student center... or I think they also call it foreign student activity center?)

The Kung-fu show is just an activity organised by the school. All they organised was a meetup at the east gate of the school and go to the show all together. So either you wanna go or not. But maybe we can also meetup there for this meeting. The alternative is to put the meeting from this forum to Saturday. probably more effective for the people who dont wanna see the kung-fu show.

Awesome! I'll be there too!

I arrived two days ago and I'm getting a little tired of wandering around like a lost waif with no one to talk to.

So it's the 3rd of March, at 1:30, meeting at BLCU the gate near the bookstore, right? Sounds like a plan to me!

Liv