Chinese-Forums

Accutane [type of medication] in China

ai_ya

Hello, I am wondering if anybody knows whether its possible to get Accutane in China.

Accutane [the generic name is Isotretinoin] is a powerful drug used to treat very severe acne, I have been prescribed it in the UK, but I'm not sure if it would be available in China - especially because it is so powerful and very few people are prescribed it. If it can be bought, how would I go about obtaining it?

Thanks

A generic variety is available. In Chinese it is 异维甲酸 or 异维A酸. Whether or not it needs a prescription, I don't know. Try a local pharmacy or ask the local hospital to prescribe it. They will probably be glad just to make the sale.

I've been taking it for a few weeks now....only got the normal side effects i.e dry lips and it dries your skin out, although it's meant to be very good for curing cystic acne, and very few people get the horrible side effects mentioned...it's usually just very dry lips, dry skin and nosebleeds. I've tried everything before accutane to get rid of my acne so this is the only option left !