Chinese-Forums

Listening to this is hard!

nipponman

First off, if any on wants a great site where you can listen to spoken this is it. Any way I am having trouble with what this lady is saying here, I can barely hear her sometimes, especially near the end were it sounds as if she is saying wo3 le he1 de ke3 le. Which to me doesn't make sense. If anyone can help me, please do:) here's the site:

http://www.denison.edu/modlangs/chinese/Listen/chapters/05/index.html

Looks like a useful site, but the video took ages to buffer from here in Beijing.

What she says is 我呢,喝的可乐 - And me, I had Coca Cola (comes after she says what everyone else drank).

Could be tricky to understand if you don't spot the gap after 呢, and mistake the final 乐 for a 了. Plus the 喝的 construction doesn't help. But apart from that, it's simple :mrgreen:

Roddy

嗯,昨天晚上,我去看了我的两个朋友。一个是小康,还有,嗯,小康是我的老同学。还有小康的先生王辉。我们都是老朋友了。嗯,小康呢总是把他的房间收拾得又干净又漂亮。他还准备了各种各样的饮料。嗯,有咖啡,有啤酒,有茶,还有可乐。嗯,王辉呢还介绍,介绍我认识了他的一个新朋友叫王朋。嗯,王辉呢是学校教化学的老师。小康呢是学校系教务办公室的主任。王朋在学校负责电教室的工作。嗯,我们在一起喝各种各样的饮料。嗯,王朋呢喜欢喝啤酒。小康喜欢喝茶。嗯,王辉喜欢喝咖啡。我呢喝的(是)可乐。我们在一起,一边喝饮料,一边聊天,一直聊到夜里十二点多了我才回来,玩得很高兴。

yeah, but its actually not a real (or good) topic mark, it should be classified to "you know" stuff, a kind of 口头语 or 口头禅, using "呢" sounds to me more like "打官腔" (putting on airs). you'd better not learn this kind of bad languages.

P.S. it sounds like treating the listeners as elementary school students.