Chinese-Forums

Chinese Books - Chinese Medicine

Shelley

A friend of mine who runs a few free bookshops knows I am learning Chinese and has given me a box of Chinese books.It seems most of them are to do with Chinese medicine, but a few are of different things.

I also think most of them are in traditional Chinese.

If any one is interested in them, for cost of shipping, you would be welcome to them.

I have scanned  a few of the covers at random to give an idea of what they are about, anyone interested could have a more comprehensive list if wanted.

There are also available some Chinese medical journals in English and Chinese from the late 80.s.

BookCover1.pdf

BookCover2.pdf

BookCover3.pdf

BookCover4.pdf

BookCover5.pdf

BookCover6.pdf

BookCover7.pdf

BookCover8.pdf

• Like 1

Well it doesn't seem to have any takers.

The box of books is not too big so I will store it away, I will not throw them away.

So at ant time in the future if any one is interested I will still have them.

So if you come to this topic in a few months or even years I should still have them.

If anyone has them I will post a "They have gone" notice.

i cannot see the covers you posted for some reason. What reading comprehension level would you say those books are at? I am in medical school in the USA, and would be interested in reading about Chinese medicine from a Chinese source, but I am not sure if I would be at the appropriate reading level yet. I may be in a year or so, so I might use them as my "goal" books, unless they are very technical. Are those books written for the general public or more specialized technical audience?

I am sorry you can not see the covers, maybe a technical problem, I can open them and see them.

I would say they are highly technical and in full form characters. I would expect them to be suitable for a high level of Chinese, I think they may be text books for courses.

I think about half of them have illustrations. One book seems to be about Chinese acupuncture, I think they are quite old, the about acupuncture one is dated 1957.

If you are interested we could try sorting out why you can't see the pdf s and I could post some more covers.

It would good if someone got some use out of them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, 

I am currently working on my PhD about chinese medicine, so I could definitely use a lot of the books you posted, would that be possible to send me the more comprehensive list you mentionned in your first post? I am also very interested in the Chinese medical journals. Let me know how to deal with the shipping details (I'm abroad). 

Best, 

Val

Hello, glad they might be of use to someone.

The more comprehensive list would have to consist of more scans of the covers because otherwise it will take me ages to translate all the titles because its traditional characters and a highly specialized subject, my translating skills are sadly lacking.

I would be happy to do this, might take a bit of time (couple of weeks) but it is possible to do.

As for shipping costs, a bank transfer or card payment is possible as I run my own business and I accept credit/debit cards. I can find out how much it would be approx. so you get some idea how much.

We can iron out the details using Private messaging (i believe new posters can't use PM till after they have been around a bit) or I would be happy to exchange email addresses.