Chinese-Forums

Study Chinese in French (or in any language via French)

Luxi

Apprendre le chinois is a huge portal for Chinese learning. It has many useful free tools and resources. Although it is in French don't be put off even if you don't know French, the use of French seems to be kept to a minimum in most pages. Many of the resources are very easy to use without understanding a word of French, and some become clear with the help of machine translation.

The site includes dictionaries, flash cards for all the characters in HSK1 to HSK6 ; list of 1500 most frequent characters (in frequency order), audio clips, songs, proverbs, grammar, exercises and more. I haven't finished exploring, but 2 tools I like are:

Actualité en chinois annoté (Annotated Chinese News)  

Summary of daily news on China, World, Sport etc. with pop-up dictionary in French, but Chrome and FF English pop-up extensions work fine too. It has links to the full news articles and quite a few video clips.

Examples dictionary (developed with the Tatoeba Project)

Write a character, word or expression in simplified, traditional Chinese, French or English and get a list of examples with pinyin. The translations/explanations are in French, but if you're just after examples in Chinese, this is a helpful tool. I tested it with some of those 4 character expression I dread, and got generous lists of examples.

• Like 1