Chinese-Forums

Buying a Cat in China?

Nathaniel Brown

Hi,

My wife really wants a Ragdoll ( http://www.saunalahti.fi/~ashi/ragdolls/ ) but since we've only been in Beijing for about a week I have no idea where to look. I've found some pet stores but I don't know enough mandarin to even explain what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any idea where I'd be able to find a Ragdoll cat in China?

Nathaniel Brown.

Does anyone have any idea where I'd be able to find a Ragdoll cat in China?

Please check the link below. It seems someone sells Ragdolls on line in China. Note: Ragdoll is called “布偶猫” (bu4 ou3 mao1) in Chinese.

http://www.ragdoll.com/chinasale.htm

These words are found at the bottom of the web site.

Due to our decision to reduce our cattery size, I can offer adult cats for sale at this time. Please write me with your requests, as these adults are being sold as soon as possible.

Ragnarok Cattery is proud that there are now Ragdoll breeding cats in China. If you are living in China, and can write in the English language, I would be happy to discuss Ragdoll cats with you by email, or by instant messenger services. My email address and Instant Messenger names are listed on the home page of this web site.

I hope you can get a healthy and lovely Ragdoll soon.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

hope this will help u..

Aisida Dog Market (sells cats aswell) - 8 Futoujia Fatouwangsi Xiang, Chaoyang District (ph: 6736 6155)

QiQi pets (has english speaker) - 100m east of Baixin Zhuang (northwest corner of capital garden). Shunyi District (ph: 8142 2927 or 13910900985)

Zhong'ai Pet Centre (sells specialized breeds of cats) - 36 Xinzhong Jie Dongxiang (dongsi Shitiao subway station, east of swissotel) , Dongcheng District (ph:65534106 or 1380138 1937)

In the end the only Ragdoll cats we were able to find were actually being flown over from America. And we've been told that Chinese quaratine is exactly the best place for an animal to live.

So we had a look around at some cats in an adoption center and my wife ended up falling in love with one of those cats, so we adopted it.

Thanks for all the help.