Chinese-Forums

E-Chinese Learning -- Free Trial

ranli

We are a company devoted in Chinese speech technology, iFLYTEK, specialized in Chinese speech recognition, synthesis and evaluation. E-Chinese Learning is our first product in Mandarin promotion. This product is now open to public free of charge before Oct, and we need your trial and assessment for further improvement.

E-Chinese Learning can help you learn the pronunciation of Chinese characters/words/sentences by its powerful Chinese TTS engine. You can listen and learn any Chinese text Besides, your pronunciation can be recognized and evaluated, on the level of Chinese Phonetics (pinyin) -- that means, you'll know where your problem occurs -- Initials (shengmu), Finals (yunmu) or Tones (shengdiao).

You can visit

http://www.iflylanguage.com

and register for free. Currently, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean and English versions are available.

You can mail me any suggestion or comment to ranli.iflytek@gmail.com

Let your friends know if you find E-Chinese Learning helpful!

注意:请使用Windows XP和Internet Explorer使用E-Chinese Learning。暂不支持Vista, Mac和Linux操作系统,以及Firefox, Opera和Netscape Navigator等浏览器。

Not only doesn't support firefox, it seems it doesn't support anything but XP and IE. As a firefox using mac owner, I'll be giving it a miss too.

I'm sorry of the incompatible problems...:cry: the plug-in that contains the Speech Evaluation Engine only supports IE.

Well, my company focuses on the core technology and has been the biggest Chinese speech technology provider. To make an end-product like this is not our forte... I'm very sorry for your miss of this, we'll improve it in the next upgrade!:wink:

to love320:

I can't post a flash tutorial here. But you can try this URL to find a flash tutorial page:

http://www.iflylanguage.com/eclwebs/help/index_eng.htm

And a few hints about reading any Chinese text in E-Chinese Learning:

1. Click FREE LEARNING to enter Free Learning module;

2. Type-in any Chinese text, or click OPEN FILE to import txt files containing Chinese text;

3. Click PLAY and listen to the standard Mandarin!

4. And you can select to read by word/character before clicking PLAY in Learning Options, and evaluate your reading!

For your convenience, I also uploaded a Quick Manual for ECL and you can take a look.

Enjoy!

A Quick Manual for ECL.doc