Chinese-Forums

I can't write anything, please see attachment and help

Saciel

For those interested, the contents of the file say:

Help!
Somehow any kind of text field, be it a reply or to a PM or to try a new topic, just transforms into the „attach file“ field. I can’t enter any kind of message whatsoever, no matter if I use firefox or google chrome. It started yesterday and now continues, before I could use the reply field without issue.

• Like 1

Is this a user problem or a chinese forums fault? I am surprised that no one has suggested anything or where the problem might be.

Is a reinstall of the browser the answer? or is it a virus? and its time to do a scan? or something more complicated?

I am intrigued as to what's going on, I have not had this problem but I am interested.

I'll give you Roddy's stock answer to problems of this type: Clear your browser's cache. And he's been right more often than not.

When Chinese Forums doesn't work right for me, whatever the problem, that's now the first thing I try. Only takes a few seconds.

• Like 1

Sorry folks, not been online over the weekend. Haven't made any changes that might have caused this. I'll try a couple of possible quick fixes, but it'll be tomorrow before I can take a proper look. 

Edit: whoops, this is a week old! Missed it somehow. 

Assuming this is still happening, can anyone affected and who's able to do some 'try this... ok, try that.... what about now' testing email me at admin@chinese-forums.com. Let me know your username and if you'd be happy for me to quickly log in to your account to check some things (theoretically this means I could post rude messages in your name and read your pms, but frankly I don't want to).

Normally I'd suspect an out-of-date or corrupted javascript file, but that shouldn't happen across browsers. Anyway, apologies and if you can drop me a line...

Anyone else? I cleared a cache on my end and did a minor upgrade, either of which may have helped. 

Apologies again for missing this for so long. I've now got email notification for new topics posted in here set up.