Chinese-Forums

Home air quality monitoring and purification

ChTTay

We have a couple of Blue Air ones in my office—about the size of a chunky 1990's PC.  (Weird name... always makes me think of "turning the air blue"!)

They seem pretty good, and still work well when turned down to the quieter settings (full blast is like having a leaf-blower in the room).  Had no idea they might be so expensive.

I think here in Singapore they were bought to battle the dreaded "haze" that drifts over from Indonesia during the slash-and-burn season.  In our case we have issues with dust etc in the air-con. 

Thanks @ChTTay

I had a look at the website. Actually I forgot that my air purifier is probably way too small now that I have moved to a much bigger apartment 100m2

Think it's a good idea to get s separate monitor and it seems logical to have it away from the actual purifier to have a more stable reading. 

No clue what to buy but I think price will be the deciding factor. 

Of course none of this helps when I have the windows open during summer.  Most of us were brought up on the "open the windows and let some fresh air in" way of thinking. :D

22 hours ago, ChTTay said:

I’ve not seen the advice about turning it off when you sleep. In fact, I mostly see the exact opposite. You’re lying down in a room for 6-9 hours just breathing, so usually they say it’s a perfect time to purify the air. Bedrooms tend to be small and easier to purify too.

Now that you mention it, it might have been: turn it on at full blast during the day and then to a low setting during the night. (Over five years ago that I had the thing.) Mine was pretty noisy and standing next to my bed, so running it at full blast while trying to sleep would not have been pleasant. The organisation I worked for had lent it to me, to put in the bedroom, for exactly the reason you give: the room is relatively easy to purify and you spend a lot of time there.

• 3 months later...