Chinese-Forums

Alternative for ZDT?

Sp0cK

I've been using ZDT for a year now - basically until I installed windows 7 and discovered I can't use it on windows 7 anymore.

Many programs that I've tried are by far not as good as ZDT. It always showed a detailed description/definition of every word. Pablo is not bad, but can not handle sentences.

What's a good alternative for ZDT? for offline use that is.

I've been using ZDT for a year now - basically until I installed windows 7 and discovered I can't use it on windows 7 anymore.

I realize this isn't an answer to your query, but I use ZDT a lot. In fact I use it enough to make me *not* get Windows 7 if that will preclude continuing to use ZDT. Glad to know that those two programs don't play well together. Has anyone else had similar compatibility issues?

There is some sort of fix that I found to use ZDT with Windows 7. When I had Windows 7 installed, I had the same problem, but somewhere on the zdt page, I found a patch for it. I have it installed now, and it works perfectly (still)

What problem did you encounter before applying the fix?

Alternatively, your user.script file might have gotten corrupted, or your installed version of ZDT. Copy your user.script file somewhere safe, erase all your ZDT directory, reinstall. Try to start ZDT. If it starts, copy over your old user.script file. If it doesn't start (which is my guess), that file got corrupted.

Alternatively, your user.script file might have gotten corrupted, or your installed version of ZDT. Copy your user.script file somewhere safe, erase all your ZDT directory, reinstall. Try to start ZDT. If it starts, copy over your old user.script file. If it doesn't start (which is my guess), that file got corrupted.

Can't he try this with the installation in the guest account? He probably also should backup his data files.

Clever! Didn't realize ZDT puts a folder in my user account. Sweet. Done. Runs smoothly again ^^

Can't he try this with the installation in the guest account? He probably also should backup his data files.

Good point. I was pretty sure (based on no evidence :P] that the problem was not a software conflict, but rather something got corrupted, so he'd need to do that anyway. But you're right, your suggestion would be a quicker way to check.