Chinese-Forums

Where can I register a cheap .cn domain name that will be accessible from China?

Chinese Learner

Hi,

I have a .com domain name hosted by Godaddy.com that is not accesible from within China. I have asked Godaddy if they can move it to a different server and am waiting for a reply.

The .com domain forwards to my iWeb self-designed website.

I would also like to register the name as a .cn domain as well. Where can I get a cheap registration that will definitely be accessible from within China?

Thanks

You can register the .cn with godaddy but host it elsewhere. Shouldn't be a problem.

as far as your current domain that is blocked, check if it is the IP that is banned or the name. most likely it is because it is sharing an IP with an offending site in which case changing hosts would do the trick as well

that will definitely be accessible from within China

Nothing is ever definite. Even Chinese websites get blocked sometimes. They occasionally fall foul of keyword searches.

At the moment my local department store's website is only available through a proxy and even China Daily managed to get blocked once.