Chinese-Forums

H1N1 Rules for China visitors translation.

MisterJJ1

I leave for 5 week trip to China tomorrow and I was just told that I SHOULD spend a week in the hotel when I get there, I SHOULD wear a face mask, and I MUST avoid ALL public places! Although it was not clear to me if the face mask and public place rules apply beyond the 7 days.

Here is the official notice:

flu.jpg

Can someone please translate this?

Thanks so much!

You are not going to be thrown into hospital!

Here is the information issued by Guangdong Foreign Affairs Office yesterday. Similar policies apply elsewhere.

I. Inspection and quarantine are strengthened in all exit and entry ports

1. Transport conveyances from and via countries and regions with confirmed cases, or conveyances with passengers who are from such countries and regions or have been to those countries and regions within 7 days before arrival, shall be parked and boarded at designated locations. Inspection and quarantine authorities perform initial influenza survey on passengers one by one; when necessary, transport conveyances and passenger walkways will be sterilised.

2. All arriving passengers are required to complete the Exit/Entry Health Declaration Card with their names, passport numbers and seat numbers, etc, which should be handed to the inspection and quarantine staff for verification. Any individual who fails to declare factually and thus spread the disease will be held liable for the consequences according to relevant laws and regulations.

3. Infrared temperature sensors have been installed in passenger inspection passages to enable medical patrol by technical staff. Passengers identified at the airport as having fever or acute respiratory symptoms (hereinafter referred to as "symptoms") will be invited to the medical screening room for screening; those confirmed by the screening to have symptoms will be sent to designated hospitals immediately for quarantine and treatment; those who need monitoring will be monitored for 7 days.

II. H1N1 confirmed and suspected cases and their close contacts are properly handled.

Chinese and foreign nationals listed as confirmed or suspected H1N1 cases in Guangdong are sent to designated hospitals for quarantine and treatment in single-occupancy wards.

For close contacts with symptoms, relevant measures such as medical observation at hospitals, observation at home (residence) and visits are taken according to actual circumstances.

For those quarantined at designated central facilities, the People's Governments at county level or above are responsible for the implementation of quarantine procedures and the provision of food and water. Health administration authorities are responsible for organising medical and health institutions to carry out medical observation on close contacts for 7 days. Temperature is taken and health conditions are consulted on daily basis, and those who have developed symptoms will be sent to designate hospitals for treatment. Those who have been through the quarantine period without symptoms will be discharged and issued with notices.

The influenza A H1N1 is a new type of virus, and keeps communicating and spreading and has posed actual threat to the health of the mankind. To cope with this threat, many countries are adopting active prevention and control measures. The above measures taken in Guangdong are in line with the International Health Provisions, Chinese laws and the needs for pandemic control, and are in reference of practices in some other countries. These measures are taken on all relevant people including Chinese nationals. They are necessary for the pandemic prevention and control in Guangdong as well as a protection to the health of Chinese and foreign nationals in Guangdong. They are responsible practices. The Foreign Affairs Office suggests that foreign Consulates General inform their nationals of the above measures and hope they could understand and co-operate.

The article you provided isn't any sort of official announcement. It is a newpaper story about a Chinese student returning to China from the US. Despite having flu symptoms he didn't report them or a visit hospital and continued to conduct his own personal affairs for a couple of days, taking public transport, taxis, meeting with friends for dinner etc. The tone of the article is that people who experience flu symptoms should be either seek medical advice or isolate themselves for a couple of days in order to prevent the spread of the flu.