Chinese-Forums

Jiang Xin

roddy

A tip on here sent me off hunting for CDs by 姜昕 (Jiang Xin). She was described to me as a kind of female Xu Wei, and the CD I picked up had him listed more than once in the credits. It is similar kind of stuff - guitar driven vocals, nice lyrics if you take the time out to understand them and a style that's different without trying too hard to be so.

Pandora(潘多拉) may not be the best of the songs on the album I got, but it's the most catchy and accessible, and there's a fair chance you'll know the story already - just hold on till the end to find out why it wasn't all the end of the world.

If you like this one and can't get hold of a CD, try these from Baidu.com's ever trusty Mp3 Search.

潘多拉,你快逃吧

Pān duō lā,nǐ kuài táo ba

你不该看盒里的东西

nǐ bù gāi kàn hé lǐ de dōngxi

你因为好奇惹下了祸

nǐ yīnwèi hàoqí rěxià le huò

宙斯一定会惩罚你

zhòu sī yīdìng huì chéngfá nǐ

潘多拉,所有人都恨你

Pān duō lā,suǒyǒurén dōu hèn nǐ

你该明白你没有这个权利

nǐ gāi míngbai nǐ méiyǒu zhège quánlì

我们的幸福从此就难了

wǒmen de xìngfú cóngcǐ jiù nán le

无论如何来不及挽回

wúlùnrúhé láibují wǎnhuí

我们只剩下希望了

wǒmen zhǐ shèngxia xīwàng le

所有的痛苦不得不面对

suǒyǒu de tòngkǔ bùdébù miànduì

你惹的是非也实在太大了

nǐ rě de shìfēi yě shízài tài dà le

谁都不会原谅你

shuí dōu bù huì yuánliàng nǐ

可是我们不会轻易放弃

kěshì wǒmen bù huì qīngyì fàngqì

虽然太多问题要去面对

suīrán tài duō wèntí yào qù miànduì

有了希望就不会绝望

yǒule xīwàng jiù bù huì juéwàng

有希望就有勇气面对

yǒu xīwàng jiù yǒu yǒngqì miànduì

潘多拉,可恨的潘多拉

Pān duō lā,kěhèn de Pān duō lā

潘多拉,你好奇心太大

Pān duō lā,nǐ hàoqíxīn tài dà

潘多拉,可怜的潘多拉

Pān duō lā,kělián de Pān duō lā

潘多拉,你知道错了吗

Pān duō lā,nǐ zhīdao cuòle ma

潘多拉,你难道不后悔

Pān duō lā,nǐ nándào bù hòuhuǐ

潘多拉,你来不及挽回

Pān duō lā,nǐ láibují wǎnhuí

潘多拉,一切都太迟了

Pān duō lā,yīqiè dōu tài chí le

潘多拉,你真的快逃吧

Pān duō lā,nǐ zhēn de kuài táo ba

我们不再丢失希望这宝贝

wǒmen bùzài diūshī xīwàng zhè bǎobei

有希望就有勇气面对

yǒu xīwàng jiù yǒu yǒngqì miànduì

我已经了解了希望的力量

wǒ yǐjing liǎojiě le xīwàng de lìliang

不管怎样我都不会害怕

bùguǎnzěnyàng wǒ dōu bù huì hàipà

there's an article about decent cd shops in beijing for chinese rock on that's beijing. i recently bought some stuff from the store mentioned in the article that is in xinjiekou. first check the rock section in the front of the store, then go all the way to the back which has another chinese rock section that includes several DIY albums (these are on the pricey side). i bought a lot more chinese rock cds in kunming before i went to beijing (something like 40-50). kunming has a very good selection of chinese rock for some reason.

i think it was me that mentioned something about jiang xin's new album (and it being produced by xu wei).

i bought jiang xin's new album when i was in kunming a few weeks ago, but haven't listened to it yet - its waiting for me when i go back to kunming.

if u go to sanlitun area,some people will ask u if u need CD or DVD,then u can buy them!but remember,they all are faked CD,but quality is not bad!

and it's cheap!5RMB FOR one CD.

if u want to buy good and Real CD,u can go to Wang Fu Jing area,there are some places U can see easily on the Wang fu jing street.many chinese local music and wester music u can choose!

Hi,roddy!

Jiang xin is a lucky woman.

actually,I don't like her very well,cos she says she wants to make Rock music,but actually she's just singing weakly,and that's not rock at all.the style makes me feel not so good,it's just like moanning.

and the company named Modernsky helped her to make this new Album,and she got rich soon.

in china,so many people just see money more important than anything!

modernsky is the largest indie label in china. its very difficult to make money selling cds in china because of piracy (and even harder to sell chinese rock cds because the audience is small). the majority of artists on modern sky, scream records, sorock records, etc. make very little money. they get paid a flat fee for each album they record out of which the costs of recording the album is deducted. typically they get no royalties. jiang xin probably made a lot more with the jvc contract than with her contract with modernsky.

speaking of scream records, can anyone reach their website? i have been unable to do so for a while now.