Chinese-Forums

Enrolling in a university program.

aboud

Hello there ..

how the student from outside china is supposed to submit an application for Chinese language in a university in china, can I simply scan documents and send them by E-mail ?

I am trying for a week now to mail various universities to question about their program in Harbin, Shenyang, namely northeastern University Shenyang, Normal Univ Shenyang, but there is no answer yet ..is there any official holidays those days ?

Edited by aboud
a lot is said about CUCAS I am editing the title.

hi.

Direct application can be good, but sometimes awfully difficult (they don't read answer your emails, how to send the application fee to a RMB account etc.) maybe its easier to use the Cucas website. You can upload your scanned documents, you can pay with paypal (so it's quite safe), they have live chat support (certainly during chinese office hours).

Drawback they have an extra $30 application fee and they don't cover all the institution in China (for example in Shenyang they only have Liaonin Univ but in Harbin they have more institutions)

CUCAS looks like easy efficient way to enrol in a university, but I wonder why it is mention only once except this thread in this entire forum.

North-eastern shenyang University replied and they said I can send document by e-mail but they said nothing about the application fee or how it should be paid. I send the application and waiting for their answer.

CUCAS haven't been operating very long, and I think they adopted that name (perhaps after seeing the UK's UCAS) more recently. They used to run as Chiwest (although you won't find much information about them either).

Let us know how you get on with them if you do use them.

I am contacting them, by phone they are having difficulty communicating in English and asked me to write mail, indeed i got prompt answer but it does look they are unexperienced in this field.

Some university answered my mail, and informed me that they accept application online. if this don't work I will return to CUCAS.

• 2 weeks later...

@aboud

Since I was the one who recommended the Cucas website, your situation is a bit awkward for me.

Although I mentioned that you should ask everything at live support chat (especially before you pay). The fix cost are: $30 CUCAS Processing Fee (with this you can apply 6 different courses/programs) and there is an application fee you pay for the university, the application fee is depending on universities. This application fee has nothing to do with Cucas, if you contact directly for example BLCU or Fudan or any other university, you should pay this fee too. But this fee cannot be more than $120 (even if you apply for a degree course).

I don't understand how you ended up with $210...

Anyway, I think you should contact them, at the live support (not email), $210 is too much money for waste, because of misunderstandings.

for the last few weeks I never saw that this "Live chat" was avilable not at any time .., but this was no problem since they answered mails in one or two days ..,

The figure I mention before include the registration fee for 4 university .., I regret I spent this money because by the time they managed to get me only one admission letter, I contacted another 2 unversities and got two admissions without spending a penny, on the other hand when I got reject from one university I contacted myself I didn't lose any thing but when they told me sorry we contacted the Yunnan University and they have no place for you, this cost me 60 $ that I think went directly to their pocket.

maybe contacting many universities was not necessary, but it exactly because I didn't know for sure how thing goes in China that I used them.

I don't blame them .. but for me now it seems the service they are offering is not very necessary

at the end someone should try it first .. This was my experience, and I am full of hope that it will help newcomers after they form their own conclusions.

• Like 1