Chinese-Forums

Giving a presentation on presentation skills

Scoobyqueen

Hello, below are my opinions on some of the translation:

身体语言 (I thought there was a better word for this) Better using 肢体语言

connect with the audience:和听众互动

information overload:避免(avoid)信息量过大,or 信息量过大

(not good)dress down:穿着随便

next time you might want to try Engkoo.com, I find it very helpful because it gives every item you searched real examples from the internet.

Err, I would also include the idea of not to write too much on the presentation slides and emphasize the idea of repeating important message(s) all the way through. :)

身体语言 (I thought there was a better word for this)

面部表情 (facial expression)

语气和声调 (tone of voice/intonation)

姿势 (stance/posture)

手势 (gestures)

身体语言 body language, including gestures

手势 I think “gestures” is fine, though they includes movements of the head. To my knowledge, 手势 is mostly movements of your arms or hands.

All the others are fine.

A balanced stance 姿势端正 (or more precisely in your case, 站姿端正[standing in a proper way])

“Connect with the audience” as in use eyes to connect with audience 与听众有眼神交流(or better 与听众保持眼神交流[keep visual/eye contact with the audience], however this differs slightly from the original in meaning)

Dress down 穿着随意(chuan1zhuo2sui2yi4)

“Information overload” as avoid information overload, technically, it can be translated as 信息过载, but it is not recommended as it would sounds strange in your case, at least to my ears. If I were you, I think I would go with 说得太多,怕大家消化不了。(I will avoid speaking too much lest you have a tough time grasping all these)

Hope it helps. :)

• Like 1

I did something like this earlier this year. Found it helpful to remind my (small) group not to rush through the presentation and to use appropriate pauses. Their natural tendency was to try to get through it as if running a foot race.

We listened together to some informal speeches by Premier Wen Jiabao, ones he had given to regular folks "on location" at disaster sites. He has a good "non-rushed" delivery style and also uses humor well. I no longer have my notes, or I would be more specific.

• Like 1

One was at Wenchuan. Another was during a visit to Yunnan to survey the effects of the drought. I've always thought he was an excellent orator, even when addressing large formal assemblies. But I particularly like the "conversational" style he uses with smaller gatherings.

One was at Wenchuan. Another was during a visit to Yunnan to survey the effects of the drought. I've always thought he was an excellent orator, even when addressing large formal assemblies. But I particularly like the "conversational" style he uses with smaller gatherings.

I envy you your experiences.

i'm quite sure body language is 肢体语言, but then again, there might be more words for it or regional variations. good luck!

Yup, 肢体语言 is another way to refer to body language.