Chinese-Forums

calls from business partner

Scoobyqueen

I am close to this business partner and have always made a point of explaining in detail what is going on in the organisation to help him do his job even better. We get on well in fact.

Just sayin' . . .just sayin' . . .

Reminds me of a guy here in Germany who called me at 7 am saying he was literally around the corner and had brought breakfast. That is really rude.

I think with social encounters there is little room between being cute and being creepy. It all depends on whether you welcome the gesture or not. I'd love to have a pretty girl come to my door with breakfast, yet replace her with the bank teller guy that always calls me after chatting in line that one day...and we have arrived to creepy.

I think with social encounters there is little room between being cute and being creepy. It all depends on whether you welcome the gesture or not. I'd love to have a pretty girl come to my door with breakfast, yet replace her with the bank teller guy that always calls me after chatting in line that one day...and we have arrived to creepy.

'Struth, brother.

Scoobyqueen, that guy is probably both interested in you and socially inept. The second factor is why he's calling so darn often.

I wonder where you got the impression that Chinese don't fancy Western women... from accounts I have from friends, it seems like they fancy them a lot, think they are easy and a good way to gain face, and hence good game.... I know, it's supposition based on a low sample, the same way Westerners might assume that it's perfectly normal for Chinese to have a mistress, but still.

My sample is also pretty small, but from what I heard of Taiwanese guys, they'd love to date western women but think they will be rejected out of hand, and are therefore shy to try.

But even if Chinese men as a rule are not interested in western women (actually it seems to me that most men from every country prefer a woman from their own country, and vice versa), that wouldn't mean that no Chinese man is ever going to be interested in a western woman.

I guess I didnt/dont expect Chinese men to fancy western women as a rule.

I can assure you this is incorrect! It's true that many Chinese men are hesitant to approach Western women but it definitely doesn't mean they aren't interested. My experience on a CHinese dating site has taught me this ;)

Also, Chinese men call and text incessantly when they are interested. I find it highly annoying, even if I like the guy. So it's quite possibly he likes you...