Chinese-Forums

Alipay without Chinese bank account

Azionara

• New Members

So say I'm trying to buy something from someone in China and the only method of payment they're accepting is through Alipay. For Alipay, you need a Chinese bank account so that it can take the money from there. The catch is, I'm in America and have limited time to get it. Is there any quick way to get a Chinese bank account, and if not, how could I find someone in China to pay with American money to get it for me?

The quick way to get a bank account in China is to find a bank with no customers or only a short queue, bring your passport and tell them you want an account. And if you can't speak Chinese, hope to god some one there can speak English.

You'll also need to tell them your address in China, your hotel should be fine or... the name of a university *cough*

-- :EDIT: Scratch that, I read "I'm in America" as "I'm American". In which case, it's hopeless I believe, unless you're maybe a HSBC premier member? (probably not)

No idea how you'll find anyone who can help with this one, unless you know someone you can trust already.

If you buy things from taobao, there's a “找人代付” option, which means you can ask someone, possibly a Chinese friend who has an Alipay account, to pay for your item(s).

Considering you're in the United States (I presume you're a US citizen) I am afraid it will be a hassle for you to open a Chinese bank account. For that purpose, you will have to present your ID card in person to the bank clerk and fill out an application form. I am sure this is the case if you're going to bank with China Construction Bank.