Chinese-Forums

Beijing meetup(s) : 14-18 November 2011

adrianlondon

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be in Beijing for a few days from this Sunday. I'm attending the SAP TechEd conderence Tue, Wed and Thu.

Anyone fancy a forums meetup either for dinner one weekday evening, or for lunch/coffee on Monday or Friday?

Anyone studying at BNU want to invite me to lunch on Monday or Friday in one of the canteens for nostalgia reasons? (I studied there for a semester back in 2006.)

Post your ideas here, and we can either have several meets or I'll pick the post popular date and we'll just have the one! I know I could create a poll, but ... well, let's see how this goes, I still might.

I'm keen to go back to the veggie place chatted about here:

http://www.chinese-f...-9th-september/

Oh, and while you're reading, anyone got a bicycle (and a lock!) they aren't using? Hey, don't ask don't get :-)

I'll think of somewhere convenient for us both and let you know. Probably somewhere near BNU as I want to wander around the campus for nostalgia's sake (so Xue Yuan Lu, line 10). Looking forward to meeting you on Friday Brian.

So - one date sorted. Anyone else want to join us?

Friday 18th November, 12:00 noon - venue tbd, near BNU (北师大) campus.

Tomorrow I'm going to go to the 798 Art District. I want to see if it's still wallowing in the past, desperately churning out identikit contemporary art (plastic models of Mao did well) in a desperate attempt to cash in on the art world's money which was all spent back in 2006. Or whether it's matured and moved on and actually got some new ideas/concepts.

Monday 14th November, daytime visit to 798 art district (798 艺术区)

Anyone want to meet me there? I'll take the bus from dong zhi men around mid day. Hoping for another beautiful sunny day with blue skies! How rare was today.

Hi Lu,

I'm leaving Saturday morning. I'm meeting BrianUS tomorrow afternoon; I guess that's not good for you. Pity! You should read these forums more frequently :)

Brian - I'll send this as a PM as well so you get notified ...

Let's meet at 12pm tomorrow (Friday) at 西土城 (xītǔchéng) station, exit C, on Line 10. For some reason my metro map marks that station as 学院路 which is oddly wrong.

Thanks for coming Brian! Even though only one person came, I hit the jackpot with interesting company.

It's always cool to hear what draws people to Beijing (or China) in the first place, and then what their future plans are and if they've changed since arriving.

Next time I visit Beijing I'll plan a bit more in advance - although I find that tough.