Chinese-Forums

Situation Puzzle: 一对上海夫妻在北京

jkhsu

This particular situation puzzle is based on a real life scenario that I personally witnessed while in Beijing last year. Because I did not obtain this puzzle from an official book or the Internet, I am not sure how it will play out. I'm hoping it will be a learning experience for me as well.

Directions (taken directly from feihong's situation puzzle):

A situation puzzle revolves around a story whose details are hazy or only partially specified. To solve the puzzle, you must ask yes/no questions until the full story becomes clear. Technically there can be multiple answers but the only correct one is the one that the host specifically has in mind.

Read the following puzzle and ask questions (in Chinese) until you arrive at the solution.

一对夫妻从上海到北京旅游。昨天晚上在酒店里收到朋友发给他们的一封电子邮件。 邮件的内容是介绍一家北京饭馆。今天这对夫妻打算去这家饭馆吃晚餐。在饭馆里看菜单的时候,他们发现菜单有错误。饭馆名字里其中一个汉字的拼音,夫妻俩觉得不对。但其实菜单上这个拼音是正确的。他们为什么觉得拼音是不对的呢?这到底是怎么回事?

NOTE: Please put proposed solutions inside the spoiler tag. If you don't know how to use the spoiler tag, send me a personal message. If you happen to already know the answer, you can participate by answering other people's questions but make sure you private message me to confirm the answer is correct.

BONUS: 这家饭馆的正确名字是什么?

• Like 1

他们在菜单里看见了名字的拼音吗?是

或者在牌子上?否,牌子上没有拼音。

菜单上的名字是多音字吗?否,不是多音字

Edit: 门上挂的牌子没有拼音,可是饭馆外边墙上挂着一块英文牌子。英文牌子上写着这家饭馆的拼音名字。但是这对夫妻没看到。