Chinese-Forums

Mark all as read - error

icebear

Error I've noticed since coming back to the forum more from a browser (rather than iPad forums app).

When I click my name in the top right, a drop down menu appears. In the bottom right of this menu is "Mark all as read". When I select this seemingly nothing happens - what does happen, is a further popup with options appears at the very very bottom of the page (I only see it if a scroll down to find it), which are all functional.

The error being that this second popup should be aligned near the top of the page so that people don't think the function is broken. Have reproduced this on several machines, in both IE and Chrome.

Let me know if you need more details.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Grawt was having similar trouble a day or two ago, I think. Are you suffering slow speed in general? 

I've been suggesting people try the mobile theme (can switch at bottom left) to see if that helps, but it doesn't seem to. There's another 'mark all read' link down there though. 

@roddy

Thanks for the tip. After digging through my VPN settings (which I thought would solve this issue) I realized I had it set to Smart Mode, which doesn't filter sites it thinks are accessible in China. As a result I was getting very slow times and unable to load menus on this website. I've forced this site through the filter and all seems well again. Appreciate the tip!