Chinese-Forums

Press return and zero response

skylee

When I type a reply and press return the curser does not go to the next line. The only way I know to get a new line is to press the "toggle editing mode" icon at the top left corner of the reply box. Then all the editing options are disabled and I can get a new line by pressing return. I guess I might have changed some settings unintentionally and would appreciate some advice on how to rectify this. Thanks.

What browser OS system are you using? And does it work if you try a different browser? (checking a different browser will let you know if it's some setting you have accidentally changed on your account or if it's some other browser specific issue).

Thanks. This is a problem when I use IE, which is my default browser. There is no such a problem when I use Chrome or Firefox or other browsers on my Android phone (where there are other problems like "paste" does not work).

No idea, but in the past problems with the editing box have been caused by browser plug-ins. I think IE has a safe / no plug-ins mode, you could perhaps run that and see if it helps. If it does, turn the plug-ins back on one by one to see what's causing the problem.

My symptoms are the same. I'm using IE 10. I disabled all add-ons (not just the loaded ones but "all add-ons") and it didn't help.

"Toggle editing mode" also works for me.

On my other computer, same operating system but IE9, no problem.

Ok, this has apparently been fixed in the latest version of the editor, so when I upgrade the forum next it should be fixed. However I'm scared of doing that, as it also changes some other stuff about how the editor works, and I'm worried about upsetting everyone. I shall ponder this dilemma.