Chinese-Forums

F visa documents

Davidfromsweden

Hey

I have some questions regarding what documents i need do provide with my applications for a F visa. My nationality is swedish and i shall "visit" a school, they will help me with an invitation letter. So what more do i need? From what i read i will need

• Passport (ofcourse)
  • Invitation letter
  • Application form

If i wish to seek a multiply entry visa i also need to

• copies of previous Chinese visas (on one A4 paper) (which i have)

So my questions are, is it common to get a multiply entry F visa now days? I dont have to submit copies of my plane ticket or hotel/hostel bookings?

Cheers

From our current experience with Swedish students, the embassy in Stockholm does not issue F-visas for students anymore, since the visa changes came into effect on September 1st. You currently need to apply for a real student (X) visa - that information is from three weeks ago. If your school cannot issue those documents, then maybe consider a tourist (L) visa - note that it is highly uncertain whether these can be extended at the moment. Which city are you going to?

I've tried to get a straight answer from the embassy myself but i have'nt got any replay yet. But i can't see why they dont issue F-visas anymore? The F-visa is for visiting purpose, right? Not for people who are about to study?

The school im "visiting" can not issue X-visas unfortunately cause it's a private school. If i go on a L-visa i can at the most get 60 days with a double entry, i hoped for a 6 months F-visa but i guess that's to much to hope for?

Im going to Xiamen.

I have been working with students coming to China to learn Mandarin for almost a decade and I have so far never got a single straight answer out of any Chinese embassy ever ;)

I agree that it is quite annoying that the F-Visa does not seem to be issued anymore (this is from what I know-but you can always give it a try, with Chinese visas everything is possible) and why for us as a school it is vital that we can issue study visas for our students.

Not sure what else I can advice you to do, talk to your school, talk to the embassy, check the internet (which you are clearly - lets see maybe someone else on here has recent experience from Sweden) and if you have enough time, try it out.

You are coming on a CSN program I assume?

I will send in my application tomorrow seeking a double entry F-visa with 90 days on each visit. I have an invitation and and the school business licens and a complete application form and ofcourse my passport with three L-visas in (apparently a better chance to get a double entry if you have previous visas).

I'm not coming on a CSN program. I have money saved up so no need for that! :)

I will keep you informed of the verdict! Wish me luck!

Okey, i got the answer today on my visa application and it went very well.

Applied in: Sweden

Nationalty: Swedish

DocumentsOnly a invitation letter from a private school (who said they could'nt help me with X-visa)

Wanted: F-Visa for 6 month

So how did it go? I got an X2-visa with a 180 days stay. No idea how that happend but i got it.

• Like 1

The short term study visa may have the same/similar requirements as the old F visa, or they're going through a transition phase while people are still unfamiliar with the new rules.

Either way, congrats and thanks for sharing the result with great detail.

I can't get a grip of what i need to do when i arrive in China. When i've been on L visa everythings is so simple but now when i'm gonna be on a X-visa i need to apply for a residence permit right?

So can someone tell me what to do when i arrive in China on my new visa? :)

Usually you would just give your passport to they school and they would sort it out.

However, as yours is X2 and 180 days or less, I don't think you should need a residence permit. Usually a visa that requires a residence permit also indicates a 1 entry 0 day stay. Since yours says 180 days I don't believe you need to/=]

You'll still need to register where you're living at the local police station within the first 24 hours though. (Which is a totally different thing - and the school may also do that for you too)

Thanks for clearing things up for me. Im probably will stay at a hostel the first nights and i guess it works the same way as it does on a L-visa, that the hostel registrets you? But once i find my own place i need to go to the local police station and register myself?

What kind of documents do i need when i go to the local police station and should the landlord or agent come with?

In theory you need the landlord to come, in practice you can replace them with a photocopy of their national ID.

Documents you'll need:

1) Original Passport

2) Photo (Some stations may take a digital photo)

3) Passport ID page photocopy

4) Passport Visa page photocopy

5) Photocopy of landlord's national ID

6) Proof of landlord's ownership of apartment <== There's a document I don't recall the name of

7) Original rental contract

8) Photocopy of rental contract <<== EDIT: This must be extra cool, CF gave it glasses ^^

9) (Maybe)A stamped letter from the local Cun Management place <=== This one happened to me in one place I lived, probably wont encounter this though

Off the top of my head that's it, though it can vary from place to place and situation to situation.

It would probably be best to go to the local police station and grab their number, then have your landlord contact them to find out exactly what s/he needs to provide.

• 3 months later...