Chinese-Forums

QQ阅读

Geiko

A couple of months ago I downloaded the QQ app in order to chat with my new Chinese friends, and after a while I discovered the 阅读中心 section: it's like an e-book store, and has some free books. I wanted something easy to begin with, so I downloaded 穿条纹衣服的男孩 - The boy in the striped pyjamas. It was a great discovery, since it's extremely easy to read (it's my first novel aimed at Chinese native speakers!). However, when I reached chapter 9 (I read 33% of the book in only four days! :D) the program informed me that I have to pay in order to keep on reading. I'm ok with that, it's only 2 yuan, but after spending an hour going through the QQ webpage, I think I can only buy books with 书币,but I don't have any, so I have to 充值书币。I can use real money for that, but when I go to the paying methods, it only accepts credit cards from China, not from abroad... Is there any other way to buy books in QQ? My first book in Chinese, and I'm not going to finish it because I can't pay 2 yuan  :wall

Hi skylee, thanks a lot for your fast reply! I downloaded the book but now I don't know how to send it to my mobile phone (I don't like reading on the computer). I guess I'll have to resign myself and buy the paperback as soon as possible, I'm too clumsy!

Email it to yourself or upload it to a cloud storage like dropbox then download it to your phone. Or just connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable or via bluetooth and then copy the file to your phone. It is very easy.

Or just download it from the webpage again, directly to your phone this time.

It is a pdf file. But the filename is a bit strange. You might wish to rename it to "a-name-that-makes-sense. pdf".

• Like 3