Chinese-Forums

quick translation of tea bag

lukasfr

Agree with Michael, above.

Would add that the Kunlun Mountains are in Northwest China and this is not a tea-growing area. What you have shown here in your photo is not really tea as such, but rather it is an herbal infusion or a tisane. It's a tasty drink, easy to like and popular all over China. It's popular in part because it has no caffeine, and won't keep you awake if enjoyed in the evening or even at bedtime. That's when I usually drink it.

Snow Chrysanthemum flowers 雪菊 are said to have important health benefits. They are colored instead of being pale yellow-white like chrysanthemum flowers grown at lower altitudes.  http://www.bewellbuzz.com/wellness-buzz/10-health-benefits-chrysanthemum-tea/

The chrysanthemum flowers 菊花 are sometimes combined in the cup with other herbal items, such as gouqi berries 枸杞 or rose buds 玫瑰 to make a more complex beverage.

(When I say it's not literally tea, what I mean is that it is not made from leaves of the camellia sinensis plant, the tea shrub or tea bush.) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...