Chinese-Forums

Where to get taibaozheng application?

koreth

My girlfriend and I are planning to visit Beijing later this year. She's Taiwanese, so as I understand it she needs to get a "taibaozheng" travel authorization instead of a visa. But I can hardly turn up any information on how to get one, short of "go to the nearest consulate and pick up an application form." Sadly, the nearest consulate is not too convenient for us. Does anyone know of an online or postal-mail source for the taibaozheng application form?

Thanks!

Sorry, I should have said: we are currently in the United States. We'll be going to Taiwan, but not until after we go to China, so that's not too practical. Or is the form something that's only available in Taiwan, and we'll have to convince someone to mail us the paperwork from there? I figure there must be other overseas Taiwanese who want to visit China -- this can't be that unusual.

Thanks!

I found out a little more; hopefully this will be of use to someone else in the future.

According to a travel agent who deals with a lot of Taiwanese customers, the taibaozheng is only necessary if you're going from Taiwan to China. If you're a Taiwanese citizen but you're a resident of some other country (with the visa to prove it), you need a tourist visa just like any other foreigner. So that's what we're going to try -- I'll post to this thread with the result when we're done.