Chinese-Forums

Chinese webradio?

Aristotle

I'm currently at the very beginning stage of learning Chinese, and I'm told from all sorts of places that input (i.e. listening to the language) is very important. So, does anyone know of a Chinese webradio that has a lot of talking? To run in the background when doing the dishes and such, just to get a feeling for the sound. The ones I've found so far are very emphasised on music, and that makes it harder to get the "melody" of the language right.

Direct links to the .pls (or similiar) would be appreciated. It's difficult to click your way to it on a Chinese webpage when you don't yet know the language...

I would also recommend Radio Canada internationals radio broadcasts found on this page.

They let you download all the previous broadcasts which can be useful if you later on in your studies want to pick up some vocabulary from them.

http://www.rcinet.ca/rci/ch/emissions/archives_1410.asp?id=1410&genre=ch

And it's also good for when CRI Newsradio is broadcasting in English, which they did for hours yesterday. Quite annoying...

Thanks, once I know enough vocab to understand the jist of it, being able to play it several times will certainly come in handy.

Thanks for the Radio Canada link. Very useful, esp. as I'm originally Canadian so I can practise my Chinese listening & keep up with the news back home.

I found this page to be useful as well:

http://www.rcinet.ca/rci/ch/actualite.shtml

The news reading in the broadcast pretty much follows the news on that page word for word.

面对门将冷静推射

For those who can understand spoken Chinese, I've got something for you :

http://yyse.lifepop.com

The website above is a radio blog of a guy by the name of 胖大海. He makes funny comments on the affairs happend recently in China. Many of his comments are very funny and some are hilarious!

Can anyone recommend good beginner level webradio/podcasts that have transcripts/translations that I can download?

I've found that trying to translate these helps build my vocabulary and listening skills. Having the correct translation available helps me check my translation.

• 3 years later...