Chinese-Forums

enrolling at Choinese ooniversities

Derek_Z

Sup Sup,

I am thinking to go to Choina spring of '07. Already lived in Jaapaan for 2 years and Europe for 3. Can't seem to find information on enrolling directly in Sino-located learning instituions. There are many programs to send USAian's to Choina and enroll them, for a price. Not that I don't want to pay in excuss for things like "educasian" t-shirts and copies of lonely planet guides, but I think I would rather take care of things on my own, cheaper and better experience with the country. I have tried to pull up the websites on a few universities but can never get anything other than server error. Helllllppp meeee....

Cheers

DZ

:wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall

Hi,

I'm thinking of studying in China too. I found the website of BLCU, which seems to be the university most foreign students go to to learn Chinese. I don't know if it's the best option, though. Their website is here:

http://www.blcu.edu.cn/lzb/lx/english/index.htm

Note that for some reason their site only works in IE.

Are you really getting server errors every time you visit the websites of Chinese universities?

• 2 weeks later...

The university sites are unreliable to say the least. I applied to BLCU a couple of years ago but they never got around to processing my visa despite several reminder e-mails. Ended up twiddling my thumbs for a few months and eventually made it for the Spring semester. After seeing how they work in the university office I imagine this happens quite a bit! Wasn't impressed with the course either actually.

Not all the intermediaries are as expensive as Educasian. I knew a fair few people who came on that program only to find out they paid $4000 for a t-shirt :mrgreen: