Chinese-Forums

living with chinese wife

thebatman

I will be getting married soon to a woman in China. I am American and still live in U.S.Eventually she will come here to live but for now I want to be able to live in China with her but don't know what type of visa to apply for. I need something that will last longer than a few months. I want to be able to return to the states during the summer to visit my son and then go back to China after the summer is over.I have searched the internet and get many conflicting answers. HELP!!

In my experience (in Shenzhen), it's no problem to endlessly renew tourist visas at the local PSB if you are married to a Chinese citizen. As long as you get all the right documents and pay the fee. But I'm not sure what's the maximum duration visa you can get.

Hi Batman.

I live in China with my Chinese wife (I'm European). I started with a 12 month multi-entry tourist visa, but each stay can aximum be 90 days. Now I have been at the local policestation and go my permanent recidence permit (easy task, bring marriage licence, passport, her familybook and ID). Then I will apply for another kind of tourist visa as "family member" valid for one year and I only need to leave China once every 6 month. It takes 5 days to get the new visa.

Hi,

can I get a family visa without being a resident? the plan at this point is to live with my (near future) wife in china for part of the year and in U.S. part of the year.I have a son I would spend time with in the states. eventually she would apply for a resident visa for the states but the U.S. government has income requirements for her visa to be approved. I don't make enough right now so I wanted a way for us to live together while I get my income to where it needs to be. how do I apply for a family visa,I have never seen it listed with other visas?

the batman:help