Chinese-Forums

WHY they r so fond of dating foreigners???

Guest snowball

i'm always so curious about this.

for i think people like things they knew when they were kids, like food, language, lover style....

then why some western guys like dating chinese girls and get married?

can u tell me?

well, to answer snowball's question...I am no expert on modern Chinese society, but I think there are 2 main theories you can use to explain this phenomenon:

1) Gold-digging - chinese girls like to date wersterners for the slightly practical reasons of finding a rich guy, who will marry you and take you to a beautiful country (not only 美国), where you will live happily ever after, visiting your firends and family once in a while to make them jealous

2) Curiosity - date a foreign guy and this is your rare chance to appear significantly different and really cool. Plus - you can learn English (all foreigners speak it!) and maybe even try some pizza

why do foreign guys like dating chinese girls? I think that's a silly question (the answer is obvious) :P , but maybe someone else will answer it

Actually I don't see any conflict between Chinese guys and western guys dating Chinese girls.

Why? Because their targets are different.

The Chinese girls that most westerners perceive as pretty are usually deemed ugly acoording to Chinese standard.

Example?

Lucy Liu.

Almost every Chinese would say she is ugly while most western guys would say she is pretty.

The girl in the photo is ugly. Take away her make up and you will see. But I think westeners like a face like this - narrow eyes, flat nose, and high cheekbones.

I like moon face, big eyes, high nose, big smile with dimples, someone like 楊千嬅.

The girl in the photo is ugly. Take away her make up and you will see. But I think westeners like a face like this - narrow eyes' date=' flat nose, and high cheekbones.

I like moon face, big eyes, high nose, big smile with dimples, someone like 楊千嬅.[/quote']

i like narrow eyes too, though i dont like the others (but not so small like her :lol: ).

i like Maggie Q

:wink:

The girl in the photo is ugly. Take away her make up and you will see. But I think westeners like a face like this - narrow eyes' date=' flat nose, and high cheekbones.

I like moon face, big eyes, high nose, big smile with dimples, someone like 楊千嬅.[/quote']

白人 like this. but the other westerners like mooncake face girls. :lol:

for i think people like things they knew when they were kids' date=' like food, language, lover style....

can u tell me?[/quote']

Maybe it got to do with the "equal rights" thingy...whereas in our chinese culture, the male dominance still stronger, so when western guys see that chinese gals are "willing to listen"...that attracts them...err..dunno if it makes sense.. :roll:

for i think people like things they knew when they were kids' date=' like food, language, lover style....

can u tell me?[/quote']

Maybe it got to do with the "equal rights" thingy...whereas in our chinese culture, the male dominance still stronger, so when western guys see that chinese gals are "willing to listen"...that attracts them...err..dunno if it makes sense.. :roll:

yeah, i think it makes sense...but do you really belive this? Maybe foreigners get attracted to that Chinese female ideal (too often portrayed by Gong Li :roll: )

Most Chinese wives I saw (ok, it was only a few) were not very obedient, but kind of bossy...

well..maybe. why i said that bcuz when i was studying abroad (the States), i got these few American frenz who were so fond of asian gals frenz, so i asked why? they said that they (these gals) are way more polite and very ladylike...hmm, i dun know how true that is??