- daily LangCorrect (journaling platform where you also get corrections) to reach a hundred days!
- 3 HSK 5 textbook + workbook chapters (but surprised by my comprehension! Thanks to the pause I took after HSK 4 and steady consumption of novels, I counted and knew 60% of the words in a "new" chapter!)
- try to read the first book from the 笑猫日记 series. If it's manageable, move on to the second if I have time - if not, find another book to read
- Readibu-fy 笑猫日记 so I don't spend 5 minutes just waiting for it to open each time I want to read the book (readibu is a wonderful app for reading Chinese novels and webnovels on your phone, but I need to clean up and parse the raw HTML files I have for xiao mao)
- 3x daily MandarinBean shadowing articles
- daily 喜羊羊 episode
- listen to at least 4 podcasts in Chinese - and find new podcast! Suggestions needed
About this blog
At the beginning of each week, I'll note down goals I have with learning Chinese. Then every Sunday, I'll reflect on those goals to see if I've achieved them, and furthermore detail how I roughly spent my time learning that week.
I plan to use this as a platform to track my progress and place to discuss studying strategies with other learners, but any comments are welcome!
Entries in this blog
This week's goals:
- go through 3 HSK 5 chapters
- keep up learning with novels by adding ~5 cards a day
- keep up LangCorrect streak
- 5+ XYY episodes
- finish 《小布头奇遇记》
- read aloud at least three chapters of the above on a Discord server I'm in
- podcast episodes in Chinese daily on dog walks
These are my goals for this week:
- finish 《宝葫芦的秘密》, continue listening w/ audio - such a fun way to learn
- get 1/3 of the way through 《小布头奇遇记》 - read at least a couple chapters of the above aloud
- start summer study plan on Friday when school lets out
- listen to 5+ xiyangyang episodes
- 3x/day shadowing HSK reading or Mandarin Bean stories
Let's get started! This is my first goals blog entry - what I hope to accomplish this week. On Sunday, I'll take a look back to see how I've done, and also detail how I spent my time learning this week.
This week's goals:
- Solidify summer Mandarin study plan - I have an extended summer holiday coming up in just under two weeks, and would like to dedicate it to Chinese. I'll create a special post just for this on the blog as well
- Finish reading 《直到花豆煮熟 》- currently about halfway through
Get 3/4 of the way through 《宝葫芦的秘密》
Read another Sinolingua 1k unique words graded reader, while listening to the audio. Try to shadow a few of the chapters
Keep up daily LangCorrect journal entries, Anki sentence flashcards, Pleco novel + HSK flashcards, and handwriting flashcards
Watch at least 4 xiyangyang episodes