Chinese-Forums

new movie:Elixir Of Love

Guest wing00

have u all watch this movie??? funny yeh.....

Director : Riley Ip

Cast : Richie Jen, Miriam Yeung, Kenny Bee, Eric Kot, Lam Suet, Alex Fong Lik San

review:

Once upon a time lives a princess in the 11th Century China. Blessed with wealth and beauty, she could have been the happiest creature in the world had she not been plagued by a most unfortunate disease: since birth, her body exudes an odor so noisome that everybody in the palace shuns her. To rescue her from the island of isolation that she has become, the Emperor decrees that whoever can rid her of this loathsome disease can become her royal consort.

Kai is an amateur aromatherapist eking out his living as a gardener in a brothel. Earning little respect from the courtesans around him, he decides to try his luck and answer the Emperor's quest for cure. To everyone's surprise, he manages to beat all the traditional docotors and scientists to become one of the two finalists.

Given three months to find the ultimateelixir for the princess, Kai roams about a fish market and bumps into the perfect lab rat for his experiment: a fishmonger called Heung whose body odor can only be matched by the princess. For her it is love at first sight and she is determined to help him all the way. For him she is just a means to his ultimate end: proving his worth and marrying the princess.

Together the odd couple trek around the country, culling the rarest flowers and ingredients for the elixir. As they draw closer to the untimate cure, they also grow closer in affections...

http://www.sensasian.comV8600.jpg

I like Miriam Yeung (like her moon face, dimples and laughs). But I am not going to watch her movies again (have been let down too many times). I think I would get to watch this movie on VCD very soon in a hair saloon.