Chinese-Forums

Is the definition test broken?

ophion

It seems to be. There is an entirely reproducible problem involving the definition choices presented to the user. For example, xing2 carries the following definition: all right; capable; competent; OK; okay; to go; to do; to travel; temporary; to walk; to go; will do. It seems that the program randomly chooses one aspect of the definition (using semicolons as delimiters), marks it as the correct choice, then randomly chooses "incorrect" choices from the definitions of other characters. In a recent session, xing2 was given with both "capable" and "to go" as choices. I chose "to go" and was told that the answer was "incorrect." "Capable" was clearly what the program had chosen as the correct answer, but it also clearly had done no checking on its other choices to see whether they were also correct. This problem has cropped up with many other characters and definitions in my limited testing (just downloaded the applications last night).

If I am doing something strange to cause this behavior, then please let me know. If the behavior truly is a bug, then a fix would be much appreciated. I had begun coding a flashcard program in Python for my own use, but zdt seems to offer roughly the same functionality and will save me quite a lot of work if I can use it.

• 2 weeks later...