Chinese-Forums

Learn Cantonese - the Norwegian way!

flameproof

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

First let me assure you that nothing could be further from the truth. Stopped the program? It must be an evil rumour set out by our enemies. Splittists and people like that.

But yes, ah-Sa has been very busy and hasn't had time to update the podcasts.

There's only one thing to do: Listen to it live on Tuesdays at 2.15 or something.

Ah-Sa has told me that the podcasts are on their way.

My Chinese name is 甘茜蓮 (Gam Sin Lin), therefore ah-Sin. Sin is a plant called madder, red in colour, prickly and with weak roots.

That's why I chose to call myself ah-Sin rather than ah-Lin (Lotus:) weak, tender and grows in shit.

First let me assure you that nothing could be further from the truth. Stopped the program? It must be an evil rumour set out by our enemies. Splittists and people like that.

ouch, seems I got that wrong. I just saw the January end in the link..... But knowing the speed of RTHK I should have know better......

I have to admit that the program falls into my working hours and I never listen to it live. It's great we can D/L them....

Great to know we get more!

May the force be with you!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
CantoFishWife has now a youtube ID and has produced some hilarious Canto lessons. They are almost as strange as real life in HK.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Cantocourse

Have to say, most other lessons are as exciting as wåtching møld grøw, but she's cøøl! Keep it rølling!

Pretty strange. Which beach was that?

Interesting video (I've only watched one).

But the Cantonese is ... I suppose it is the norwegian way of pronunciation (and the way the main character uses 大佬 is sometimes not right). She speaks it well enough but she is definitely not good enough to teach it. I would not recommend anyone to learn Cantonese from the video I watched.

Pretty strange. Which beach was that?

Yeah, beaches in HK are strange. I have no idea, but Cecilie is living on Lantau, and Lantau is surrounded by water and has some beaches. So I guess it's on Lantau.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...