Chinese-Forums

Plymouth (UK) Study Group/Club English & Chinese

RobAnt

Are You Learning English or Chinese?

I am interested in creating a "Learning English/Chinese Study Club", which could be held at Chinese Vista, in Plymouth, during the early part of each week (we have to be sensitive to the shop's need for relative quiet while taking orders). I'm looking at it being more along the lines of a club, rather than a strict study group - but that's not to say we can't have both!! How about a Study Group during lunch, and a club in the evening? Anyway, I procrastinate, if you'd like to come along, let me know, You can use the PM system on here.

It is difficult for English speaking people to immerse themselves in Chinese while at home, but on the whole, those of us that want to learn Chinese are quite good at English. It would be greatly appreciated, therefore, if we had Chinese people in the group/club who would like to exchange their native language skills for ours. But it is more than just language skills, on both sides, it is about sharing cultures and having fun.

Chinese Vista is opposite Jack Cham's bar on Ebrington Street. Migrations for refreshment may be reluctantly endured. CV is licensed, but only as an off-licence, I believe.

Plymouth has a large Chinese community, especially during University and Business School term time, so no need to be shy.

Before anyone asks, I'm not planning on making this a formal institution of any kind, so there won't be any fees or club dues or anything like that - unless we all agree that is a good idea, or unless we want to find a mechanism for funding trips and excursions. Just come along. As soon as I have an idea of what day of the week would be best, I'll post it on here. But make yourself known, so that I can get a feel of what works best for most people.

More details, and what will no doubt become the club's noticeboard, can be found by Clicking Here

If you're in Plymouth and interested in Chinese then you quite possibly know the guy, but have you tried getting in touch with Fozza? He's no longer in Plymouth (according to the website) but he could well know a few interested people. This forum is also run by someone in Plymouth.

I live in Beijing though, so probably won't make it.

• 2 weeks later...