Chinese-Forums

rugs/shelving in haidian?

ZhuJiesheng

Hey,

I'm living in haidian and my apartment is a bit sparse so I wanted to get some decent looking rugs for the living room; I looked on the IKEA website but theirs looked pretty crappy and were pretty much all white, like the rest of my apartment >.< Was hoping someone might know somewhere local where i can find some mroe colourful stuff, nothing 60's psychadelic just some solid colour like blue or green etc.

I also need to find a small set of stand alone shelves for the kitchen as it's got practically no storage space but I'm not allowed to install shelves on the wall >.< I did find something on the IKEA website but apparently the beijing store doesnt stock it ¬_¬

Anyway, thanks for any advice!

Also, if you are brave, go to the Jin Wu Xing 金五星 market. I think any taxy dirver would know it, or you can take the line 13 subway (I know I know, wrong word... I come from a place with no public transportation!) to dazhongsi 大钟寺, just north of xizhimen 西直门。Exit the subway stop, go down the stairs and walk east. On your right hand side there will be a big purple and green building. Walk up to it, but instead of going in turn right and walk around it. There will be a series of small shops, and after walking past those for close to ten minutes you will come the 金五星。It's huge, but there are quite a few espresso makers in the kicthen section. Be ready to bargain.

Do I have to quote if I wrote it? Maybe yes, maybe no, but this place has lots of solid colored mats, and some more creative ones... :)