Chinese-Forums

Translation help "The culturally Tibetan parts of China are said to be more .."

yonitabonita

"The culturally Tibetan parts of China are said to be more "Tibetan" than Tibet".

I'm scratching my head here. Really don't know how to be beyond "有人说“

中国里有臧族文化的部分 I'm worried sounds awkward at best, and more likely to be grammatically incorrect.

Any help out there?

Thanks,

Yonita

"The culturally Tibetan parts of China are said to be more "Tibetan" than Tibet".

According to the limited text offered, it can roughly be translated as “有人说,在中国, 西藏文化中……比……多”. Sorry, but I must read more original texts to get the real ideas about “Tibetan” and “Tibet” in the article, before I decide how to translate the two words.

Thanks!

Thanks for the help.

The reference to "Tibet" refers to the administrative region of Tibet.

The reference to "more Tibetan" refers to the vague notion of cultural authenticity.

The suggestion being that the areas populated by Tibetan people that are outside of 'Tibet' the administrative region (called cultural Tibet), are freer to express Tibetan culture (in whatever manifestation), than those inside 'Tibet' the administrative region.

I hope that was clearer.

Y

The suggestion being that the areas populated by Tibetan people that are outside of 'Tibet' the administrative region (called cultural Tibet), are freer to express Tibetan culture (in whatever manifestation), than those inside 'Tibet' the administrative region

Hi, yonnie

how about this version:

有人说, 较之西藏本地而言,受藏族文化影响的藏民聚居地能够更自由,更真实,更完整地体现藏文化。

(受藏族文化影响的藏民聚居地:如四川的西部,云南的西北部,青海以及新疆的南部。

Tibetan parts of China, i think , mean the west of Sichuan, the northwest fo Yunnan, Qinghai Province and a few parts of South Xinjiang.)