Chinese-Forums

Stationary Stores

sma818

Hi there,

Does anyone know of any good, well-stocked stationary stores in BJ? Ive been to Carrefour at Zhongguomen and Lotus Centre, but their selections are pretty limited.

Im looking to buy some flash cards for all the new vocab Ive been learning at school, and also a good, CH-ENG/ENG-CH Dictionary. I have a Oxford Consice at home in Canada, but didnt bring it along, and havent been able to find a good one here yet...any suggestions are appreciated!

And lastly...does anyone know where I can have business cards printed up in the Wudaoko area?

Thank you!

I'm not sure what you mean by "well-stocked stationary stores". If you're looking for something like Staples, I'm afraid they don't exist. However, unless you're looking for something really unusual, most supermarkets have stationary sections that are more than adequate (they certainly will have flashcards).

I'm surprised you didn't find any at Lotus Center or Carrefour.

The CRC shop in Wudaokou has a few aisles that stock stationary. I was particularly fond of the Chaoshifa at the intersection of Xueyuan Lu and Chengfu Lu (enter the store and turn left: office supplies are in that section) -- they have more variety and cheaper prices than the BLCU Friendship Store.

The bookstore in BLCU sells paper dictionaries... I think they have the Oxford Concise. Enter South Gate and the shop will be on your left. Doesn't Tsinghua have a campus bookstore as well?

Worst case, go downtown to that ginormous multi-storey bookstore on Wangfujing. They have an entire section of Eng/Chin Chin/Eng dictionaries.

For making flashcards, try dropping into anywhere that prints namecards and getting a few boxes of blank ones - ideal size for slipping into a pocket. Stationary stores (last I looked) usually have index cards, which are a bit bigger.