Chinese-Forums

Question about using adsotrans on wordpress

CatfishAttack

Hello, I have question about how to use the adsotrans source code in wordpress.

I type in the Chinese words I want to translate in adsotrans, got the translation, viewed source and copy the source code. However, when I put the source code in regular HTML it works, however, when I paste it in to wordpress body and it doesn't work.

I am curious how did you get the newsinchinese.com to work with adsotrans source code? Any help will be appreciated. :D

Just send me a private message (or email ideally) and I'll do what I can to help. You'll need to include some javascript at the top of the page if you aren't already. The issue otherwise may be with the "div" tag. The first thing to check though is to make sure Wordpress isn't filtering out the span tags that contain the word information. Does the Wordpress source contain the span tags Adso puts around words?

• 1 month later...

Details on the simplest way to add Adsotations to webpages can be found at the address below. This is a bit new and experimental and it doesn't work very well with traditional texts yet but handles simplified ones well. You will need a standard-compliant browser like Mozilla for the editing functions to work:

http://www.adsotate.com/edit.html

http://www.adsotate.com/instructions.txt (view source to read)

Bascially you can stick a small javascript link at the bottom of your page. Then submit any text to be annotated through the page above and edit the results in real-time. Click "convert to HTML" when you are done and copy and paste the code that appears into your webpage.

This isn't advertised elsewhere and it is experimental so there's no guarantee that the files will stay up over the long run (if the hosting burden becomes too much I may move it). But I don't mind hosting the files as long as it isn't abused. People are also welcome to copy the three backend scripts to their own website as well -- there's no real need for me to host them all. Please just provide a courtesy link to the main site if you find this useful.

If you have problems, the most likely issue will be wordpress converting HTML brackets in your post into HTML entities like & g t ; Make sure your wordpress installation allows you to enter HTML in your posts. You can always check the raw source for any page to make sure the span tags aren't being filtered out.